By International Code Council Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ICC Market App (ver. 4.1) for the iPad provides users with the ability to browse available International Code Council (ICC) code and reference book titles, purchase them within the app, and read and use them immediately. Users may view their PDFs or eBooks in full-screen in either portrait or landscape mode. Swipe function enabled to easily flip back-and-forth through the documents; additional navigation controls are available by a simple tap of the screen. This app provides the flexibility to access codes and reference documents in a format that provides one of the best mobile reading and browsing experience on the market today.
Current titles available include the entire collection of 2006 through 2012 International Codes, 2006 through 2012 I-Code and Commentaries, numerous state specific codes, ICC Standards and Guidelines, and many 2009 and 2012 I-Code study tools and other useful reference books. More titles will be available soon! Nothing is better than when you have the codes and references you use every day right at your fingertips. Get started today with the ICC Market App from the International Code Council - a professional membership association dedicated to helping people build a safer world.
What's New in Version 4.2
iOS 7 Compatible
WORTH 75 cents NOT 75 DOLLARS
I have to take their word for it that it is PDF because it has absolutely no PDF functions. You cannot highlight, you cannot print. You will likely forget what you were looking for before you find it. The navigation is pathetic. What a waste.
Don't buy books through this app
1: the user interface is cumbersome and painful .
2: the search engine doesn't work at all it just sits idle and does nothing.
3: the bookmarks I are okay but would be nice if they were more functional.
This app is terrible. When you buy one of the codes the file format is PDF; so there is lots of opportunity for them to get it right. But they didn't. Here is what is wrong.
1) The user interface is not user friendly. When you open the app it opens to the store to show you all of the stuff that you can buy rather than showing you the stuff that you have bought. To get to the codes that you have bought from them you have to hit the icon in the corner (you can't guess by looking at it what it is going to do), then select library, the selecte "View Details" on one of the codes that you have bought, and then hit the "Read" button. Now isn't that nice?
2) It doesn't remember where you are in a code. Well, it does for a while, but if you leave the app closed for a while when you open it back up you have to go through that whole mess again and then you have to navigate back to where you were. I have other apps that I can leave closed for months and as soon as I open them back up, they open up to exactly the same place where I left off.
3) The bookmark function is dumb. You must enter a name for the bookmark. It is nice to be able to name a bookmark, but it would be bettter to be able to leave it blank or have a default entry such as the page number, section number, first word on a page or something like that. What if you want a temporary bookmark so that you can go look at another section of the code and then come right back. I end up with a lot of bookmarks that I name "q" or "a" or something dumb like.
4) The search function is just terrible. If you search for 'fire partition' is returns every thing that has the words 'fire' or 'partition' in them. Did you know that the word 'fire' shows up a lot in the IBC? I can't find any way to return only 'fire partition'. That is a major flaw.
If I had known that the IBC was available as Nook or Kindle ebooks I certainly would have bought it that way and just used the Nook or Kindle apps.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 26, 2013
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 28.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: International Code Council Inc.
- © 2010 International Code Council ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This ICC Market is a copyrighted work owned by the International Code Council, Inc. 4051 West Flossmoor Road, Country Club Hills, IL 60478. Phone 1-888-ICC-SAFE (422-7233).
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- 2012 International Residential Code®$89.99
- 2012 International Building Code$99.99
- 2012 Intenational Fire Code®$79.99
- 2009 International Residential Code®$84.99
- 2009 International Building Code®$99.99
- 2012 International Mechanical Code®$59.99
- 2012 International Plumbing Code®$59.99
- ICC/ANSI A117.1 2003$33.99
- 2012 International Energy Conservation Code®$31.99
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code®$31.99