ICD9 Consult puts the complete, latest 2015 ICD9-CM on your iPhone or iPod Touch for about 1/3 the price of most printed ICD9-CM manuals which are far less convenient.
With ICD9 Consult, you’ll never have to flip through a 30 pound book or go hunting for a coding reference page again.
The 2015 codes were effective October 1, 2014, and they are what you should now be using to ensure maximal and accurate billing.
The 2015 ICD9-CM diagnosis codes are both searchable and browsable by their traditional categories. Search simultaneously by code, diagnosis, included diagnoses, and description, through the whole ICD9-CM or through just a category or selected nonspecific code. Images within the list indicate whether a code is specific or nonspecific. Tap to view the diagnosis and the full text of its standard ICD-9 long description and to add it to your Favorites list for immediate access later.
Features at a glance:
• Complete 2015 ICD9-CM diagnosis codes and 2008 ICD9-CM procedure codes, with all subcodes and all long descriptions: over 21,000 individual codes, instantly accessible
• Search within any list of codes, by code number, by diagnosis, and by full text of long descriptions
•Diagnoses' descriptions have an "includes" section, which is also indexed and searched, which links alternate names and diagnoses to ICD-9 codes. A search for "B2 deficiency" will find 266.0 Ariboflavinosis!
• Search automatically expands abbreviations and terms for the best results; e.g. "MI" → "Myocardial Infarction."
• Browse diagnoses and ICD9-CM procedures by category and subcategory; easily limit searches to particular categories
• Distinguish specific from non-specific codes at a glance; tap a non-specific code to view its specific children. Navigate to its parent to quickly compare one specific diagnosis to another, ensuring you code for maximum reimbursement every time.
• Keep a Favorites list of diagnoses and procedures, which may include specific and nonspecific codes.
Don't be fooled by imitations! ICD9 Consult is the *only* ICD9 reference which provides:
• True search capabilities
• 100% of the ICD9-CM
• Real names for diagnoses and procedures rather than abbreviated, hard to guess names
• The complete text of the ICD9-CM descriptions.
• Extensive 'includes' diagnoses
• Free updates to future versions of the ICD9-CM
Note regarding procedure codes: ICD9 Consult provides the ICD9-CM Procedure Codes. These are not the same as the CPT Procedure Codes (which are © the AMA). Please be sure to use the codes required by your practice and billing policies.
Please visit www.icd9consult.com for additional screenshots and to learn more.
A few small bug fixes
Added information on the ICD10 Consult 2016 update
Ratings and Reviews
This app is JUST what I had hoped to find for my practice. It is fast, and complete. The interface is excellent, although I am anxious to see the improvements as described for V1.1. I intend to pass the word along to my colleagues about this app.
Listen, if you need access to this data, this app is CLEARLY the one to buy. The author has even posted that he will refund your money of you so desire (which I sincerely doubt you will want to do). What do you have to lose? I'm just giddy that I will soon, very soon, be able to get rid of my iPaq (as soon as the full featured Epocrates app is finally released). There is even a web-based version of Pepid for the iPhone that serves quite well (for now until the app version is released).
Best ICD9 on the iPhone!
This app gives you the diagnosis codes as well as the procedure codes. It has the updated 2010 codes. The update was free! I went from 2009 to 2010 for free! Good luck getting that from the other guys. It also includes the E codes and V codes. When you tap on the diagnosis you are looking for it quickly opens an extra screen which lists various other possibilities. This app has a super fast search engine. You can also browse thru the diagnosis or procedures which is also smooth and quick. It also has a favorites button for those codes you need often. The author is very attentive to any questions or problems you may have. I tried 4 other apps and this one is the best to me, hands down!
Fantastic - if you need an ICD-9 supplement, this is your app
This is now a perfect application. Thanks so much Evan for the changes you made on the search function. This is an absolutely amazing tool. If there are any other certified coders out there, you should check this app out. With the favorites tool, you can save some of those hinky codes that are hard to come up with. You can also use it as a cheat sheet for codes that you need frequently but don't have memorized. This app works very quickly and amazingly, for such a large database, has never crashed. I absolutely love this.
- Evan Schoenberg, M.D.
- 17.8 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2008-2016 Regular Rate and Rhythm Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.