ICD9 Consult puts the complete, latest 2015 ICD9-CM on your iPhone or iPod Touch for about 1/3 the price of most printed ICD9-CM manuals which are far less convenient.
With ICD9 Consult, you’ll never have to flip through a 30 pound book or go hunting for a coding reference page again.
The 2015 codes were effective October 1, 2014, and they are what you should now be using to ensure maximal and accurate billing.
The 2015 ICD9-CM diagnosis codes are both searchable and browsable by their traditional categories. Search simultaneously by code, diagnosis, included diagnoses, and description, through the whole ICD9-CM or through just a category or selected nonspecific code. Images within the list indicate whether a code is specific or nonspecific. Tap to view the diagnosis and the full text of its standard ICD-9 long description and to add it to your Favorites list for immediate access later.
Features at a glance:
• Complete 2015 ICD9-CM diagnosis codes and 2008 ICD9-CM procedure codes, with all subcodes and all long descriptions: over 21,000 individual codes, instantly accessible
• Search within any list of codes, by code number, by diagnosis, and by full text of long descriptions
•Diagnoses' descriptions have an "includes" section, which is also indexed and searched, which links alternate names and diagnoses to ICD-9 codes. A search for "B2 deficiency" will find 266.0 Ariboflavinosis!
• Search automatically expands abbreviations and terms for the best results; e.g. "MI" → "Myocardial Infarction."
• Browse diagnoses and ICD9-CM procedures by category and subcategory; easily limit searches to particular categories
• Distinguish specific from non-specific codes at a glance; tap a non-specific code to view its specific children. Navigate to its parent to quickly compare one specific diagnosis to another, ensuring you code for maximum reimbursement every time.
• Keep a Favorites list of diagnoses and procedures, which may include specific and nonspecific codes.
Don't be fooled by imitations! ICD9 Consult is the *only* ICD9 reference which provides:
• True search capabilities
• 100% of the ICD9-CM
• Real names for diagnoses and procedures rather than abbreviated, hard to guess names
• The complete text of the ICD9-CM descriptions.
• Extensive 'includes' diagnoses
• Free updates to future versions of the ICD9-CM
Note regarding procedure codes: ICD9 Consult provides the ICD9-CM Procedure Codes. These are not the same as the CPT Procedure Codes (which are © the AMA). Please be sure to use the codes required by your practice and billing policies.
Please visit www.icd9consult.com for additional screenshots and to learn more.
A few small bug fixes
Added information on the ICD10 Consult 2016 update
Ratings and Reviews
Good program, finds codes easily and quickly
I have started using this app recently to help me find ICD 9 codes at work and find it very easy to use and finds a code quickly and easily every time.
ICD9 Consult 2014 is extremely easy to use and a faster way to get your codes than flipping through that big old book. My previous employer had a program for coding so I dumped my book, then got a new job and wanted it back. I did not want to pay $85.00 and have to lug that thing to each facility. I have this app on my iPad and iPhone, so I can use it, quickly, anywhere. The price is more than fair for the product you get. I think the search could be cleaner, but it doesn't slow you down. I am a nurse practitioner in long term care. I recommend this product for anyone who needs icd9 codes at work.
ICD 10 Update????
I love love love this app!! I'm a nurse at a family practice clinic and I use this app several times a day along with Davis's Drug Guide. My only question is : Will this app get updated with ICD 10 codes???
- Evan Schoenberg, M.D.
- 17.8 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2008-2016 Regular Rate and Rhythm Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.