ICE Standard - Auto Edition with Smart911™ - Official In Case of Emergency Standard Card App for iPhone
By About The Kids Foundation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ICE Standard applications - the #1 Emergency Information Apps on iTunes - can help save your life. They do this by putting your emergency health information on the lock screen of your phone so EMTs can get it as quickly as possible, and by working with Smart911™ so that if you call 911 while in Smart911-enabled communities 911 operators get your medical information automatically. As seen on the Today Show and in the New York Times.
ICE Standard Auto Edition also features comprehensive support in case you are in an auto accident.
Features of ICE Standard Auto Edition include:
* A walkthrough of the right things to do if you're in an accident, ensuring you handle the situation safely and efficiently.
* The ability to create, store, and send complete accident reports to your insurance company to assist them in handling your case.
* The means to store your insurance, AAA, and vehicle details in one convenient place, so you can refer to them quickly when you need to.
* Online storage of your accident reports, so you won't lose them if you lose your iPhone.
ICE Standard applications have been developed by the About the Kids foundation, a nonprofit organization, with input from EMTs, police officers, firefighters and emergency room personnel.
While ICE Standard + Auto is a useful tool at the scene of an automobile accident, it is still important to carry proof of insurance and registration cards in your vehicle. It is also important to familiarize yourself with the correct procedures for what to do in an accident in advance, including whether your insurance company, state, or country has unique requirements for what to do when an accident occurs.
Here are the general steps you should take:
1) Remain calm.
2) Assess the scene. Do not get out of your car if it is not safe to do so.
3) Check for injuries.
4) Call the police / emergency services line (911 in North America, 999 in Britain, 112 in the EU, etc) if there are injuries. Call your parents if you’re a minor.
5) Exchange information with the other drivers. Be sure to record their names, license plates, phone numbers, insurance companies and policy numbers.
6) Take pictures of the other driver and witnesses if possible.
7) Write down your record of the events.
8) If the police were called, find out where to get a copy of the police report for your claim. If not, call the non-emergency police line and ask where you can file an incident report.
9) Call your agent or insurance company about the accident as soon as possible.
Note: the phone is regarded as a backup location for your emergency medical information, as in an accident your phone may be damaged, overlooked or out of power. A physical emergency card is the best way to provide health information for emergency personnel.
Dedicated to the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing and to our Oldest Youngest Senior Board Member, Adela Ekman for her 83rd birthday, celebrating 55 years in the Hi Tech Industry.
(New York Times reference: "In Case of Emergency: My Cell Phone Knows What to Do," by Kit Eaton, 7/3/2013).
What's New in Version 2.0.6
Walllpapers and user interface sized to fit new iPhone models.
Unlimited emergency contacts can be included on wallpaper.
Increased additional information users are allowed to enter.
Critical and necessary solution that could help save lives
This app is a perfect solution for first responders when time matters most.
As someone who has been impacted by the loss of a loved one when critical details were not available to first responders caring for a family member, I can see how this app could really make a difference in the outcome of a crisis. It makes perfect sense and is so easy to set up its ridiculous. 2-3 minutes of your time, and you could help shave off critical moments should you ever be in an emergency.
Kudos to the developers of this app. I plan to recommend it to my entire family and all those I care about.
This app is one of the indispensable ones u need to have in an emergency!
This application gets 4 ****in my book. Hope u find it as helpful as I do. Rich M
I love the fact that I can register myself into this to help if anything occurs that required my information.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Nov 07, 2014
- Version: 2.0.6
- Size: 14.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: About The Kids Foundation
- © About The Kids Foundation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.