Icebreaker: A Viking Voyage (Universal)
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Free today with App of the Day
Over 2 million downloads!
#1 iPad app! Featured by iTunes in 146 countries!
WINNER! iOS game of the year - Pocket Gamer Award 2014
WINNER! Overall Game of the year - Pocket Gamer Award 2014
WINNER! Best casual/puzzle - Pocket Gamer Award 2014
Metacritic top 20 – all platforms 2013
“Nitrome couldn’t have done a better job bringing the series to mobile devices. A Viking Voyage is perfect!” - Jayisgames
"I’m not entirely sure that I could be any happier with Icebreaker. It’s an incredibly fun, incredibly diverse, and incredibly clever physics puzzler." - 148 Apps
"Definitely give this a look if you've ever remotely found yourself enjoying physics puzzlers." - Touch Arcade
“Bursting with clever level design and creativity, this physics-puzzler is a cut above the competition.” - AppSpy
An epic adventure based on the award-winning flash game!
An icy wind has swept the Vikings away, leaving them stranded throughout the land and surrounded by trolls, deadly traps, dangerous enemies, and worst of all… troll snot!
Now it’s up to you to save them!
Use your icebreaking skills to solve puzzles and cut your way through ice, rope, cannons, explosives, slime and… err… chickens to get your clan back safely to the Viking longboat!
• Based on the award-winning flash game by Nitrome, now expanded, updated, and optimized for iPhone and iPad!
• 140 action-packed levels in three different lands!
• Beautifully immersive world filled with vikings, trolls, deadly theme park rides, and looooots of ice!
• Use special god powers to speed through tricky levels!
• Side quests!
• Unlockable secrets!
• Epic final bosses, including the gigantic Mountain Troll and his legendary indigestion!
Can you seize your destiny and become the new icebreaking champion?
Important Message for Parents
This game may include:
- Direct links to social networking websites that are intended for an audience over the age of 13.
- Direct links to the internet that can take players away from the game with the potential to browse any web page.
- Advertising of Nitrome products and also products from select partners.
- The option to make in-app purchases. The bill payer should always be consulted beforehand.
What's New in Version 1.3.0
- As a big thank you to everyone that downloaded the game, we have introduced Free daily god powers to help you on your quest!
- Minor adjustments
Advertisements; iCloud failure
To be fair, I got this game when it was the free app of the week. At first, I loved it! It was very addictive and I enjoyed the in-game achievements. The OCD part of me likes completing every little thing.
But then the advertisements came. In droves. I couldn't replay a level, much less go to another level, without a pop up. I understand Nitrome needs to make money, but this is borderline asinine. And there are some adverts you can't close immediately because there's a video that has to load first. I eventually just get frustrated and stop playing.
Then there's iCloud, which I use to back up game progress. I had to reinstall iOS 8.0.2 to (hopefully) eliminate blue screens on my mini2. I checked to make sure Icebreaker was backed up before proceeding. Reinstalled everything and every other game restored from iCloud just fine, except this one. Sorry, but I shouldn't have to 100% complete Troll Marsh again because their app won't restore properly.
In all, the game itself is terrific fun, but the barrage of advertisements and iCloud failure means I won't be playing it again anytime soon.
Constant Ads Break Game
UPDATE: According to their Twitter feed, Nitrome added (constant, obtrusive) ads only for people who downloaded Icebreaker during the App of the Week promotion. It was Nitrome’s decision to allow their game to be offered for free, so they should not be punishing people who took advantage of THEIR choice! This is not how to build fans, Nitrome, and your action comes across as vindictive. I’ll make sure to avoid your games in the future!
I was having fun with this game, but now ads pop up between levels and even inside levels when restarting. While playing three levels, I saw at least six ads. These make the game effectively unplayable. Until the developers decide to make a game instead of a platform for advertising, I recommend steering clear of this game.
I probably would have given this game a 5 star rating. However, the type and scope of the advertising is way, WAY out of hand. It's too much to handle. If you don't mind annoying pop-up ads, and video ads, then get the game, 'cause it's a fun puzzler. But, had I been warned, I would not have chosen this app.
Update: it's really a shame such an entertaining game like this had to be ruined by ads. It's so bad I can't play anymore, and have decided delete the app without finishing gameplay. It's really that encumbering. I would have to say don't bother.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 25, 2014
- Version: 1.3.0
- Size: 48.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Nitrome
- © 2013 Nitrome Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- bundle of 10 Fingers of the Gods$1.99
- Sack of Powers of the Gods$4.99
- bundle of 10 Gravity of the Gods$1.99
- bundle of 30 Fingers of the Gods$4.99
- bundle of 10 Magnets of the Gods$1.99
- Underdwell Unlock$0.99
- Kraken Unlock$0.99
- bundle of 80 Fingers of the Gods$9.99
- Crate of Powers of the Gods$9.99
- Barrel of Powers of the Gods$19.99