iChess - Chess puzzles
By Asim Pereira
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Chess puzzles are an ideal way to practice without having to find an opponent or spend time playing an actual game. iChess presents 1000 offline puzzles from real FIDE tournament games. Just launch and start solving!
******* The popular Chess app is now on iOS!
- Three difficulty levels. All puzzles are offline. No internet connection required
- Load your own PGN puzzle file by saving the PGN to the iChess Documents folder (via Mac/PC). Games in Chessbase CBH format not supported. You can also practice openings or study famous games. Simply load a full PGN of games and make the best move.
- Bird View feature to view Solved/Failed and unseen puzzles.
- Scorecard to track your progress
- Analyze the puzzle with a Chess Engine! (Needs separate Analyze This app)
- Master Chess openings by solving chess tactics from openings like Sicilian, Kings Indian etc (not free)
- Solve puzzles from recent 2016 tournament chess games (not free)
* Some puzzles simply win a pawn or a piece and not necessarily end in checkmate
* Puzzles are arranged in increasing order of difficulty
* This is not an app to play chess online or play against the mobile or with friends
* Thanks to theweekinchess.com and pgnmentor.com for the free PGN files
Like on Facebook http://goo.gl/P5TXe
Enjoy solving puzzles from games of World Champ Anand, Magnus Carlsen, Kramnik, Aronian, Nakamura, Gelfand, Radjabov, Polgar and others.
Stay up to date with puzzles from games played in Tata Steel, London Chess Classic, Chess Olympiad, World Championship, European Teams, Candidates, Alekhine mem etc.
Additional puzzles (Recent Months, Mate themes, Openings etc) available for purchase via the App
What's New in Version 2.1.5
Hurray! We found the "Load Random" option which had gone missing from the Settings. Its back now.
Enable it if you wish to load random puzzles in a given puzzle set (else it would load 1..2..3..4..)
This app makes you a better player
I use this app while I'm at work throughout the day and I have seen a huge improvement in my games. My only complaint is that there is no option to remove the red dots that tell you where the piece can move.
There have been several instances where MUCH better moves were available and could have been made, but the player and developer of the app couldn't find them and thus considered them failed moves. It's clear that the developer isn't too good with chess, himself.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 31, 2017
- Version: 2.1.5
- Size: 32.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Asim Pereira
- © Asim Pereira
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- iChess Upgrade$1.99
- Endgame Tactics$1.99
- Magic of Tal$1.99
- Mate in 2 Vol 1$1.99
- Mate in 3$1.99
- Mate in 1$1.99
- January 2016 Tactics$0.99
- Attacking the King$1.99
- KID Saemisch Vol 1$1.99
- Anand and Carlsen$1.99