By Krueger Systems, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iCircuit is the premier iPad and iPhone app for designing and experimenting with circuits. Its advanced simulation engine can handle both analog and digital circuits and features realtime always-on analysis. It is the perfect companion to students, hobbyists, and engineers.
You use it as you would any CAD program: you add elements, connect them together, and set their properties.
But iCircuit is unlike other CAD programs because it is always simulating. It's just like working with the real circuit. You do not stop to take a measurement or spend a lot of time configuring reports. Instead, you just play with the circuit as you normally would, with the power on!
There are over 30 elements you can use to build your circuits. The app has everything from simple resistors, to switches, to MOSFETS, to digital gates.
The app features a multimeter that you use to probe around the circuit to instantly read voltages and currents. If you want to see how a value changes over time, then you can add values to the built-in oscilloscope. The scope can simultaneously track many signals over time and features a touch interface to control the total time displayed and stacked and unstacked modes to easily compare signals.
Supported elements include:
• Signal generators, Voltage sources, Current sources, and Dependent sources
• Resistors, Capacitors, and Inductors
• Manual SPST/SPDT Switches, Push buttons, and Relays
• Diodes, BJ Transistors, and MOSFETs
• Speakers, Microphones, Buzzers, DC Motors, and LEDs
• ADCs, and DACs
• Logic gates: AND, OR, NAND, NOR, XOR
• JK and D Flip-flops
• 38 7400 series digital parts
• 7-segment display and driver
• Antenna with simulated AM and FM signals
You can also create sub circuits to introduce new elements and componentize your designs.
No matter your skill set, you'll be playing with circuits in no time with iCircuit.
What's New in Version 1.8
• Addition of in-circuit gauges to always have measurements on the screen
• Addition of 6 CMOS ICs (4000, 4001, 4002, 4011, 4017, 4051, keep requesting on the uservoice!)
• Improved wire selection
• 64-bit support
• Support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
This app does more than I know how to do, but it's teaching me and that's why I got it. The latest update caused some bugs, but I would rather put up with bugs for awhile then have an app that stays stagnant. The owner says the bugs were fixed and the app resubmitted.
Love the app, hate the new bugs...
Great app for quick circuit modeling and representation. Unfortunately the latest 1.8 update renders this app unusable... When working, this is hands down the best intuitive circuit app for any new to the field or experienced engineer.
Please fix bugs!!
This app crashes frequently on my device when updated to the 1.8 version. Please fix it!!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 25, 2015
- Version: 1.8
- Size: 35.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Krueger Systems, Inc.
- © 2010-2015 Krueger Systems, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.