*** iCollect Books is now FREE to download! ***
Hooked In Motion has integrated with leading barcode scanning software to create the ultimate book viewers application: iCollect Books.
Works with all iPhones, iPods, and iPads, with or without a camera.
Catalog every book you own. Search right on your iPod/iPhone by author, genre, edition, and more to find the exact book you want to watch at any time, without needing to sift through your physical collection or browse on a computer.
Here is a quick rundown of what iCollect Books can do:
- Users can update and correct all data on our servers, including cover art
- Users can vote on correct data to be locked down on our servers
- Scan in your books via UPC using the built-in camera.
- Manually type in the UPC.
- Manual entry with no barcode.
- Spiders Google and our own servers for a cover and information about a title.
- If no information is present, take your own picture and type in the details and add it to our server for others to use.
- Use a picture from anywhere on the web for your covers.
- Use a picture from your Photo Library.
- Add it to your library. Sort by Fiction, Non-Fiction.
- Tab badges allow you to quickly see how many books you own.
- Sift quickly through your catalog using the index.
- Library view.
- Storage Location and Custom fields
- Sort without The and A option.
- Loan your books out and keep track of who has what using your contacts list or custom entry.
- See books you've never read or read a long time ago using the "Last Read" feature.
- Entry for purchased value and date.
- Options for Editor, Publisher, Pages, Country, Edition, and more!
- Customs which information is displayed in your book cells.
- Add a book to a wishlist if you know you want to buy it in the future.
- Email out your wishlists to family and friends for holidays and birthdays.
- Already ordered a book but don't have it yet? Add it as a preorder. Add the release date as well.
- Incredible search capabilities. Browse through your library in a whole new way. Want to see all books you have by J.K. Rowling? Easy. Want to see all of your non-fiction books only? Easy.
- Video tutorial for help.
- A LOT more!
Also be sure to check out these apps:
iCollect Video Games
iCollect Comic Books
iCollect Books HD for iPad
Books on the Mac App Store
- Major upgrade
Ratings and Reviews
We bought this app to install on our staff cell phones as a way to track what books are in our small school (under 100 kids). I really like that we can scan them in quickly, can look at the covers when browsing, and that we can say in which they are stored via the storage option. Well worth $12 a year to finally have our collection managed.
Limit 10 books!
It gives a description that you can choose to have unlimited storage and pay $0.99 each month, but doesn't say that it's only 10 items before it wants to charge you this.
Waste of time
After ten books they expect you to pay .99 a month. Not worth it when I can buy another app for .99 flat rate that does the same thing except it doesn't have the bookshelf.
- iCollect LLC
- 36.4 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © iCollect
- In-App Purchases
- iCollect's unlimited monthly data updates and unlimited storage $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.