iComics - The Comic Reader for iPad and iPhone
By Tim Oliver
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iComics® is a Universal app designed for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch that allows you to read DRM-free comics from your own collection, quickly and smoothly!
"Highly customizable and polished" -The Best Apps for Reading Comics on Your iPad, MakeUseOf, 2015
"Attractively designed" -Best Comic File Readers, AppAdvice, 2015
Supporting all of the major comic formats, iComics makes it extremely easy to import comic files onto your iOS device and start reading them straight away!
* Supports all of the major comic formats (ZIP, CBZ, RAR, CBR, 7ZIP, CB7, TAR, CBT, LZH, LHA, EPUB, PDF).
* Collections for organizing sets of comics.
* Hot jumping directly from one comic to the next.
* Super smooth scrolling when turning pages.
* Comics can be imported from your PC via iTunes, or from other apps on your iOS device (Such as Dropbox, or Safari).
* Comic files are never modified or destroyed (So you can get them back off your device whenever you want!)
* A slider that lets you jump between comic pages quickly.
* Comics can be read from left-to-right, or right-to-left (Great for Eastern comics)
* Page zooming can be set to reset every time a page is turned, or locked to the same scale across all pages.
* Extra wide comic pages can be split up and treated as two separate pages.
* Many sharing settings including being able to email, print or locally save individual pages!
iComics requires iOS 7.0 or higher
Supported hardware includes:
* iPad (2 and above)
* iPhone (4 and above)
* iPod touch (5th Gen)
* Adding bookmarks.
* Integrated Dropbox, WiFi and web browsing for importing comics.
* Integrated comic metadata editing.
* The ability to extract nested archives.
* Being able to crop/format comic covers.
Follow 'iComicsApp' on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook for updates!
What's New in Version 1.3.5
Hi everyone!! Thanks to your feedback, I discovered a few issues that was causing crashes in specific circumstances.
- Fixed a crash when reading comics with massively huge image resolutions.
- Fixed an issue when moving comics between groups would sometimes cause a crash.
Sorry for any inconvenience. I'm still on the tail-end of another massive project, so I hope to give iComics the love it deserves after then. :)
Best comic reader I've tried
I use this app everyday to read cbr and cbz comics. It's excellent at that. It's true that the import process could be better, but I use iTunes to import a whole folder of comics once in a while and then read them for weeks (so this little annoyance takes just a small percentage of time compared to all the good times I have with the app).
I would definitely recommend it to everyone! Congratulations to the developer for such an amazing job! 👍👍👍
Simple, fast, beautiful & works!
I was searching for a reader I could export my comics directly from Dropbox. For some reason, most readers I downloaded either were for buying/downloading directly from their stores or you would need to use a computer to upload.
This instead was fast and painless. Besides that, it's quick and the comics look beautiful. Library looks great. No complaints.
Not bad but could still be improved
I got this app to place part of my digital collection in it to try it out. It does ok, but sorting can be a pain. It might be because I put so many comics in (477) that is causing the problems. Only way to separate titles, currently is by putting them in their own collection. I look forward to any updates that shall come as I like this app, just wish it had a little more to it.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 22, 2016
- Version: 1.3.5
- Size: 27.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Timothy Oliver
- © 2012-2016, Timothy Oliver. "iComics" is a registered trademark of Timothy Oliver in Australia, pending other countries.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.