iComics - The Comic Reader for iPad and iPhone
By Tim Oliver
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iComics™ is a Universal app designed for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch that allows you to read DRM-free comics from your own collection, quickly and smoothly!
Supporting all of the major comic formats, iComics makes it extremely easy to import comic files onto your iOS device and start reading them straight away!
* Supports all of the major comic formats (ZIP, CBZ, RAR, CBR, 7ZIP, CB7, TAR, CBT, LZH, LHA, EPUB, PDF).
* Collections for organizing sets of comics.
* Hot jumping directly from one comic to the next.
* Super smooth scrolling when turning pages.
* Comics can be imported from your PC via iTunes, or from other apps on your iOS device (Such as Dropbox, or Safari).
* Comic files are never modified or destroyed (So you can get them back off your device whenever you want!)
* A slider that lets you jump between comic pages quickly.
* Comics can be read from left-to-right, or right-to-left (Great for Eastern comics)
* Page zooming can be set to reset every time a page is turned, or locked to the same scale across all pages.
* Extra wide comic pages can be split up and treated as two separate pages.
* Many sharing settings including being able to email, print or locally save individual pages!
iComics requires iOS 7.0 or higher
Supported hardware includes:
* iPad (2 and above)
* iPhone (4 and above)
* iPod touch (5th Gen)
* Adding bookmarks.
* Integrated Dropbox, WiFi and web browsing for importing comics.
* Integrated comic metadata editing.
* The ability to extract nested archives.
* Being able to crop/format comic covers.
Follow 'iComicsApp' on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook for updates!
What's New in Version 1.2.5
Thanks again for using iComics! Here's a few enhancements to hold you over until the next batch of major updates!
- iOS 8 Today Widget
This widget shows the latest comic you opened in each collection, providing you both a quick reminder on what you were reading, as well as a very convienient way to pickup where you left off.
- Option to disable iTunes backup
If you keep all your comics on your PC, a new setting has been added in iComics settings to explictly stop both iCloud and iTunes making their own backups of those comics.
- Improved double-tap to zoom on comic pages
Double-tapping once will make the comic fill the screen, and double-tapping again will now zoom in 140% of the page size.
- Sorting Control in Grid Mode
You can now sort and filter comics both alphabetically, and by reading progress when looking at comic covers in the grid mode, as well as the list mode now.
- Sorting control is now reversible
If you prefer sorting your comics from latest to oldest, now you can!
- iOS 7 native animations
Many of iComics' custom animations have been replaced with the new animation features of iOS 7, resulting in a much more 'native' feel to the app.
- PDF reader fixes
Certain comics were loading at 90 degree rotated angles, or at a very low resolution. These issues have now been fixed.
- Swipe to delete
At the request of a user, swipe-to-delete has been rebuilt from the ground up for the new comics list view.
- Polish and Italian language support
- Additional bug fixes and general refinements
Please remember to rate the app on the App Store, and make sure to follow 'iComicsApp' on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook for all the latest updates!
Smoothest reader I've used
I used ComicZeal and Comic Book Lovers pretty extensively and iComics does one thing that they (or any other comic reader) don't - incredibly smooth page turning. I've thrown huge files at this and there is just no delay in swiping pages at all. Comics import fast too. The latest update adds an AWESOME, long awaited new feature - the ability to turn off iTunes backups.
This is by far the best performing comic reader I've used, no question.
It's a bird.. It's a plane! It's...
...The best comic book reader app ever! And one of the best developers out there! He has been on top of every issue I've had, and I've been vocal... This guy is passionate about his app and that should be enough to buy it! But the app is also amazing and smooth and has some awesome features coming up! A+++++++
Don't pass up this app! It's worth every penny!
This is a great app
I got this app so I could download comics and well this app is great I works nice and give you good quality comics when u download them on here thank u for making this app this makes me really happy 😃 I get to read some comics my grandpa would have read and comics that I could not get my hands on because they are so expensive
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 03, 2015
- Version: 1.2.5
- Size: 13.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Timothy Oliver
- © 2012-2015, Timothy Oliver. iComics is a trademark of Timothy Oliver.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.