By Goodwicket LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The calendar for people who hate using calendars! -- IconCal is a visual drag-and-drop calendar that uses icons to represent events and appointments. Its simple and intuitive interface allows you to schedule an appointment in seconds with the flick of a finger.
IconCal is based on the idea that a picture is worth a thousand words. Instead of writing a paragraph about what you have scheduled for tomorrow, simply drag an appropriate icon there to represent that event. You can even make your own icons by using your device's camera or using images already on your device!
There is an issue with iOS syncing causing some users' data to be duplicated after a period of use. Please be careful using this feature, and make sure you ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR DATA!
• NEW!! - Syncing with built-in iOS calendar. This includes syncing your iconcal data with your other devices through iCloud, indirect Siri event creation, and indirect syncing with Google Calendar, Outlook, or any other calendars that iOS supports!
• Hundreds of available icons in a variety of categories and themes, including Emoji!
• Create-your-own-icons functionality. Take a picture with your device's camera or choose from your image library, then zoom and crop!
• Familiar and powerful event creation. Repeating events, tie icons to specific events, alerts, sort by time or creation, and more.
• Quick at-a-glance month view that beautifully displays your easy-to-recognize icons throughout the whole month.
• Easy and intuitive drag-and-drop functionality. Simply drag an icon from the Icon Tray onto any day.
• Icon library. Use the "Icon Toolbox" to quickly sort through your icon library and choose your favorite or most used icons.
• Ten different colorized themes that personalize the look of your month view.
• Tutorial/Help function. To bring up in-app help and tips, simply shake your device to display tutorials on how to use the current screen!
"I think it's one of the first calendar apps that is much , much better than the one that comes with the itouch/iPhone. One can easily add and or link events with icons or text. It's fast and easy to understand and use!"
"Great alternative to iCal and the other calendars out there. And VERY cool feature that you can create your own icons. I didn't like the birthday cake icon they had in the app, so I pulled a better one off Safari on my iPod Touch, and made it into an icon. I have spent the last hour playing around and making icons. Very neat and fun."
"I love this new app. Finally a calendar with personality. It's really fast on my new iPhone 4. Love the custom icon feature. At a glance, I can tell what I'm doing this week and who I have appointments with by their picture. The negative reviewer must have tried this on an old iPhone 3G with iOS4 installed to have so much trouble. It works great on iPhone 4!! I'm looking forward to the evolution of this app and hope someday that Apple will allow it to integrate with mobile me. Thanks!"
"…I have autism, so having an organizer with a calendar that can be viewed easily is really important. This calendar does just that, and is exactly what I am looking for…"
"Simple, ez to use, I love to be able to see at a glance what I have going on. Love the custom icon option that's way cool, I have an iPhone 3gs, so far no bugs"
What's New in Version 2.1.2
• Fixed syncing when the option is turned on or off in the extras or settings menu
Do not sync with your iOS cal!!!!
Cool app; great idea. BUT it will double even triple events in your iOS calendar. I have been deleting repeats now for about an hour. They know about this too! That's bad business!! DEVELOPERS look, make this capable of JUST syncing with itself on other devices that way I can have this on both iPad and iPhone but NOT ruin my regular calendar ???? Many other to do apps do this so it can easily be done. Also it will add just junk/gibberish entry's if you use a third party calendar app like Week Calendar and just wanted icon cal for a speciality use. I may delete..... What a mess this thing made! Hope I don't accidentally clean out valid appointments with all the clones it made. NEEDS WORK!!!
Has potential but...
There's a few things I don't like about this app. It syncs with your iOS calendar ALOT. And when it does, it takes way too long. I find myself just closing the app and going to my regular calendar bc it takes too long. I tried making my own icon and couldn't get it to work. I may just have to fiddle some more. I like the icons it has but wish it had more. For expensive as this app is, I was expecting it to be a little better. Hopefully they can fix the problems bc I would probably use it a lot.
Needs more emojis
Where are the emojis for ice & roller skating ? I'm not sure about camping. Be sure to include all activities thanx!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 26, 2013
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 11.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Goodwicket LLC
- © 2010 Goodwicket
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Acronym Icon Pack$0.99