Extend your cockpit to the iPad!
iControl DCS allows you to connect your iPad with Digital Combat Simulator's A-10C Warthog flight simulation. Allowing you to control the simulator by touching your screen.
Never fumble for your mouse in the heat of the moment again!
Here are some of the functions it provides
• Crisp and clean 100% original graphics with retina iPad support
• Quick and easy navigation between instruments via swipe gestures or buttons
• Live MFCD displays (left and right) with working buttons
• Live CDU display with working buttons
• UFC panel with working buttons
• Caution and warning light panel
• Various commonly used cockpit functions
• Supports multiple devices. Connect two iPads at once and display Different MFDs on each!
• Radio stack
• Combined view with UFC and dual MFCDs on one screen
• Autopilot controls
• All controls and switches necessary to performa a cold ramp startup
• Portrait CDU mode
• DCS: World with A-10C Addon
• Microsoft Windows
• iControl DCS Server available at http://www.bit-shift.com/
• Due to limitations in the simulator, live MFCDs must be repeated on your monitor.
• Due to limitations in the simulator, the sim will be forced to run in full screen windowed mode
***** We suggest you give A-10 VC Free a try before purchasing iControl DCS to make sure it suits your play style. *****
This application will not work with macOS PCs!
iControl DCS and bit-shift.com are not affiliated with iControl Networks.
Fixed an issue where switches are updated but in-sim scripts might not detect the updates.
Ratings and Reviews
An Essential Component!
While the app sure needs a few tweaks here and there, it definitely provides the best interface for the MFDs and other components as well.
While I understand some of the review claiming that it is only usable in a multi-monitor setup, this isn't completely true. You CAN use the app in a single monitor setup but you will have to sacrifice places for the MFDs from your screen. You can resize them and make them smaller but you will sacrifice the quality of the screen on your iPad.
Using a second monitor surly provide a better experience since you can place all three exports (2 MFDs and CDU) on your second monitor and resize them to be bigger for better picture quality on your iPad screen, and leave your main screen for the beautiful cockpit view.
So far, I used the app for a couple of flights including cold starts and aside from some small instances where I had to use my mouse for input (such as powering on the ILS) things were great.
I definitely recommend this app for those looking to improving their Sim experience.
Sure, the price tag is high and if you are worried you might try the free versions first before you decide on paying.
Hard To Set Up But Finally Worth It.
I had a hard time getting this app to work. After I totally gave up, I sent an email to the app developer without expecting a reply, but I was surprised when he replied to me immediately and started helping me with the thing: A true rarity in an app developer these days. He deserves 4 stars for this, if for nothing else. He helped me step-by-step via offering suggestions and tech support, till finally we got it to work the way it should...........................It had something to do with my PC resolution. So for all those having problems, try tweaking around with your resolution in DCS options menu as that might help. Full screen mode have to be NOT checked..........................UPDATE: It works well with track IR (but you gotta know how to set up the TrackIR properly). After I leant how to set up both really good..............I am now living in the skies. I really love this thing. You can't know what you are missing till you use it in-game.
A must-have for DCS A-10C users
If you enjoy DCS A-10C and consider purchasing some equipments to deal with MFCDs, UFC, CDU, and etc., this is the app you must have. There was an issue with multiplayer stability. But, since the 126.96.36.199 version released, the issue has been cleared. The price of about 30 bucks is nothing considering what you can get from this. You don't need to buy all the panels and displays with iControl DCS.
One thing that i want to remind you is that you must have very good connection with you router to get good refresh rate. I believe you will need a N router and your server PC has to be connected with LAN not Wifi.
Overall I'm very happy with the purchase. Thanks a lot for good product and support.
- Willie Zutz
- 3.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- © 2011 - 2018 William Zutz
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.