iCookbook Diabetic – Recipes and nutritional information plus health articles for people with diabetes
By Publications International, Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The iCookbook™-Diabetic team of REGISTERED DIETITIANS and ACCREDITED FOOD EXPERTS selected recipes that use readily accessible (and affordable) ingredients. The recipes will inspire you and help solve your everyday problem of healthy meal selection for your diabetic diet.
FREE recipes every month!
Every month, the iCookbook™-Diabetic team will carefully select a group of new recipes that you can add to your collection at NO ADDITIONAL COST so iCookbook™-Diabetic will grow with you and become the only diabetes-friendly cooking app you will ever need.
Everything a Cook Needs
More than just recipes, iCookbook™-Diabetic is a complete cooking solution for your kitchen!
• Voice Commands. Using the hands free voice command, cooks can proceed through the preparation steps without touching the iPad or iPhone screen. Just speak the simple commands to move to the next step, manage timers, view notes [iPad only], and more.
• Prepare Mode: The Prepare feature provides an enhanced display of a recipe a cook can read at a distance from the iPad and iPhone.
• Stir it Up! Feeling adventurous? Press Stir and iCookbook™-Diabetic offers a selection of randomly chosen recipes based on a particular search or filter criteria [Shake to stir on iPhone].
• My Recipe Box. Enables a cook to create a set of iCookbook™-Diabetic favorite recipes for easy retrieval, and add recipes from a personal recipe collection.
• Network with Friends and Family. Share on Facebook, or email any recipe to all your friends to let them know what you are cooking.
• Printing. Now print recipes to any AirPrint™ compatible printer.
• Personalize the Recipes. Everyone likes to put their own personal touch to a recipe. Our Notes feature allows you to record your ideas and comments about iCookbook™-Diabetic recipes.
• Kitchen Tools. Multiple timers, substitution lists, and measurement conversion charts.
• Shopping List. Tag ingredients directly from a recipe to your shopping list, then print or email your list.
• Add your own recipe. You can easily add your own recipes so you never lose your favorite guilt-free apple pie recipe or your famous low-fat mashed potato-dish. Once the recipe is added, you can also easily add your own photos, search for your recipe, or even share your personal favorite through E-mail.
• Articles. Discover informative articles written by registered dietitians and other experts in the field of diabetes and nutrition.
Still hungry for more? There are special recipe packs available for purchase in addition to your free update.
Developed by Publications International, Ltd. Publications International develops and sells more than 9 million cookbooks a year. iCookbook™-Diabetic for iPad® and iPhone® includes 500 hand selected, kitchen-tested and registered dietitian-approved recipes. Each recipe has been rigorously tested by the iCookbook™-Diabetic team so you know they will turn out perfect each and every time!
What's New in Version 3.4.1
Bug Fixes for iOS7
Basic and easy
I think what happened with the prior reviewer is he may have used the 'explorer' button which might only work if you purchase the special packages. I found about 500 free recipes of all varieties within the 'recipes' tab. Level of cooking difficulty is shown and amount of carbs listed for each recipe. There is also an add and subtract button for how many servings you want to make and it automatically adjusts the ingredients. The cooking directions cut off if you're holding vertically but it tells you at the top 'rotate phone to prepare' and all the words show. I'm using this app on my iPhone not on iPad.
Nice Start - Still Lacking
Nice start to a very needed program, filled with ideas for recipes that can be adjusted for # of servings. The biggest concern I have is that there is no obvious way to backup your notes, preferences for selected meals, and such. If I were to have to reinstall the program for whatever reason, I would have to re-enter everything again, not a task I would really want to do! For developer: Think about this!
I just downloaded this app for my iPhone 6 Plus and noticed right off that the visuals do not actually fit the screen correctly. Not that I have to turn it to read the preparation instructions but that the main menu is a bit off.
Although the first 501 recipes are free it would be nice if they fell into their respective categories. i.e. Low carb, low fat, vegan...etc etc
More reviews to come...
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Oct 23, 2013
- Version: 3.4.1
- Size: 23.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Publications International Ltd.
- © Publications International, Ltd. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Diabetic Snacks$1.99
- 30-Minute Mains$0.99
- Breakfast and Brunch Ideas$1.99
- Family Favorite Recipes$1.99
- 20 Foods No Longer Forbidden!$2.99
- High-Fiber Plates$2.99
- Seafood Suppers$1.99
- Resolution Recipes$1.99
- Healthy Pork Dinners$2.99
- Holiday Sweets$1.99