How many times have you copied something to the clipboard only to have it lost when you copied something else accidentally (or intentionally) a second time? iCopy is a simple yet an elegant utility that keeps a list of recently copied items to the clipboard making it easier to paste any or all of these when you need them again.
What you copy is what you get; iCopy can deal with and understand multiple clipping types and will allow you to paste the same clip or file between multiple documents, even in between system restarts. Copying HTML text, PDF, an RTF document, an email, image or anything else will appear exactly the same with all formatting intact when pasted.
- Resides in your system status-bar as an unobtrusive icon. Can be invoked with a configurable globally assigned hotkey.
- iCopy understands all popular formats and file types and will allow you to paste text/images/files/emails etc exactly as these were copied
- One-Click-Paste: *A single click on a clip from the menu list will paste it to the currently active window
- Bookmarked Clips: Bookmark frequently used clips with a single right-click. Bookmarked clips appear highlighted and survive reboots/relaunches or the 'clear history' option.
- Spotlight style 'grouped list' can be displayed by using an assigned hotkey or right-clicking on the menu icon.
- Mouse-drags Capturing: Captures any file, text, image etc you drag system wide and makes it available in clippings list
- Quick Look Previews: Files that you copy or drag & drop around the system get saved and appear with a small icon preview in the list. Hovering mouse over can optionally display Quick Look previews for recap.
- Editing Clips: Delete all or individual clips from the clippings history
- Search Clips: Search through your complete clippings history to find a particular piece of text you once copied
- Tooltips: Hover mouse over saved clips to see tooltips with complete clippings and the date when it was last copied.
- Several customizable options. iCopy works with a simple install without prerequisites or dependencies on other software.
* One-Click-Paste is an optional setting. Without this option ON you have the liberty to select a clip and manually paste it into any application. Switching it ON requires 'Access for Assistive Devices' from under System Preferences > Universal Access to be turned ON.
Ratings and Reviews
Works good but with issues
Be prepared to baby sit this app. It works as they say but I did not use for a while and the cache of recorded copies got so large that my computer became highly unstable.
Another thing iCopy does is…..it record every time you move a file and copies it for pasting later. This function can be turned off and is advised if you are like me and did not baby sit the app. I may have had my settings too high (I had it set on saving the last 100 copies…..maybe to many. I was ready to throw my computer out a window till I realized that icopy was causing the problems. When I quit the app all my problems went away and came back immediatly after restarting. Then I cleared the cache and everything was running good again. Symptomes were that my mac became highly unresponsive and could not even shut it down at times and had to pull plug for a force shut down.
Great program but not without bugs (yet)
I love the idea of this program and have used it to help copy/paste multiple items into a single form-letter email. Unfortunately, I realized a few days after installing it that it was disabling a key feature in Photoshop -- the MOVE tool. Without getting too technical, iCopy prevents the Move Tool from moving layered items. They just snap back to their original position after a fraction of a second. Turn off iCopy, Move Tool works. Turn on iCopy, Move Tool stops working. As a photographer and photo editor, I can't live without the move tool so I'm afraid iCopy is disabled until it stops interfering with other programs. I'll switch my rating to 5 stars the moment that happens. It's also worth noting that I contacted them through the form on their website a few days ago about this and never received a response.
like the app but its broken on my computer
I like the app- its better than the other app store clip recorders, but every time I try to open the preferences pane it crashed, there is no preference file to delete, their support knowlegebase returns 0 results when you type in icopy. so im stummped - so is the support. I still use it even though I cant get to the preferences
You cant preview pdf based clipboard images which is the standard format for most vector graphics clips so you cant tell what image is in the list because they all just say PDF with no preview. that is a huge drawback
I would give them a harder time if it wasn't better working that the other 3 clip programs on here.
hope some updates will fix these issues.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.