iCTides for the iPhone and the iPod Touch provides predictions of times for high and low tides for over 4400 costal locations around the US, including Alaska, Hawaii and overseas US territories. Times are displayed with clocks that feature beautiful background images of tropical and ocean scenes. Soothing sounds of the ocean play in the background (can be disabled).
- High and low tide predictions for 4400 US costal locations.
- Tide location can be selected from a list or via points on the map.
- Also displays clocks for:
- Current Time
- Next Sunrise
- Next Sunset
- Next Moonrise
- Next Moonset
- Next Full Moon
- 55 background images that can be shown individually or as a slide show.
- Animated sweep second hand using a fishing pole and hook on the Current Time clock.
- Plays soothing ocean sounds in the background (can be disabled).
- Can be set to keep the iPhone on continuously for desk displays or to turn off automatically using the current iPhone settings.
- Tide and other times are calculated locally (no net access required for predictions).
iCTides is an Open Source program. The source code for iCTides can be obtained by emailing a request to:
Special thanks to David Flater for developing the original XTide program and to Ann Rucker for porting XTide to Cocoa.
New in Version 4.0.1:
- Fixed bug that caused the app to crash after the previous update
Ratings and Reviews
Great App! Love the Watch Support!
This is a great app for finding out when low tide is coming up in my area. It lets me know when I can ride my bicycle on the beach. The predictions have been very accurate so far. The new Apple Watch support is very handy and makes it even easier to use!
Update: Thanks for the tide chart on the iPhone - it makes it easier to plan my trips to the beach!
Watch App works great! 🌊 🌊
I've been using this app for many years now to plan my walks on the beach. It's always been accurate and easy to use. On many occasions I've used it when taking a day trip to another beach location. I recently got my Apple Watch and to my surprise this little hidden gem is awesome for having the high and low tides right on my wrist at a glance. No crashing and it starts faster than other watch apps I use. I recommend this to all my beach walking friends.
Could be better
It's nice to be able to have a tide clock on my watch now. I can even put it in glances for quick access. Unfortunately, I had to only give it three stars because the information about times, sunrise/set, moonrise/set and any other print is smashed together and cannot be read. I'd love this app if it was fixed, and it'd be perfect if they come out with a complication to add to the main watch face.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.