By EpIPhone Coders' Guild
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iCut DNA lets you search the Restriction Enzyme Database (REBASE) for enzymes and the DNA nucleotide sequences they cleave.
You can use it to find commonly used (type II) restriction enzymes by name or by specifying the recognition sequence.
Information from the database for each enzyme includes references, suppliers, isoschizomers, and methylation site.
In addition, iCut computes a list of enzymes which produce sequences with compatible sticky ends.
Whether you play around with the very source code of life professionally or as a hobby, iCut DNA can make you and your iPhone (or iPod Touch!) more productive.
- Authoritative database of restriction enzymes optimized for fast searches by name and sequence.
- Search on partial names, partial sequences.
- Per-enzyme research references
- Handy recognition sequence nomenclature guide to standard abbreviations for ambiguous bases.
- Jump to enzyme website directly from App
- Search filters for enzyme and sequence searches stored independently, preserved even when you exit the app
- No internet access required, the complete database of over 2000 enzymes and DNA recognition sequences is built right in to the app
- Attractive visual design
The REBASE is a free and independent internet-based resource.
To cite iCut DNA's REBASE results in your own publications, use the following for bibliographic citation:
Roberts, R.J., Vincze, T., Posfai, J., Macelis, D. (2007)
REBASE--enzymes and genes for DNA restriction and modification.
Nucl. Acids Res. 35: D269-D270.
Coming Soon in version 2.0:
The iPhone's premiere bioinformatics app, iCutDNA will download the latest updated REBASE version direct to your iPhone. Download once, and use the data offline; iCutDNA enzyme searches remain in the palm of your hand.
What's New in Version 2.5.0
Fix REBASE version discovery to support new decade.
Update included REBASE to version 001 (i.e. Jan. 2010)
Fix cause of reported time-out on launch by building database independently of app launch.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Feb 05, 2010
- Version: 2.5.0
- Size: 1.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Arnie Cachelin
- © epiPhoné Coders Guild
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.