Your Apple Watch measures your heart rate every five minutes—Cardiogram tells you what that data means. We help you understand health, sleep, stress, and fitness.
The Cardiogram native Watch app and complication shows you a graph of your heart rate in real time.
On your iPhone, you can get more details and historical trends:
• The Timeline tab shows your heart rate each day, with a detailed view for workouts that shows minutes in each heart rate zone, and a special interface to track spikes related to stress, diet, or exercise.
• The Daily Leaderboard lens in the Timeline tab lets you compete steps and activity levels with your friends! You can even invite friends who don't own an Apple Watch—this feature is compatible with the built-in iPhone step tracker!
• The Metrics tab shows you how your resting heart rate, sleep, and move, exercise, and stand activity rings are trending over time.
• The new Habits tab lets you find a new healthy habit or activity you'll love, invite a friend to share metrics, and optimize your overall health and fitness.
• The "Me" tab lets you build a profile and share your health data with medical researchers, to contribute to studies on abnormal heart rhythms like atrial fibrillation, heart failure, and more. Note: Cardiogram is not a medical device and is currently for research purposes only.
Cardiogram displays data from the Health app, including heart rate, steps, Apple Watch activity rings, and sleep, in chart or graph format, and lets you compare with other users and compete with your friends.
Cardiogram is compatible with all Apple Watch models, including Apple Watch Series 1, Apple Watch Series 2, and Apple Watch Series 3. Cardiogram also works with all Garmin devices with a heart rate sensor, including many of the latest fēnix, Forerunner, and vívo series devices.
Best of all, Cardiogram is free!
What's your heart telling you?
Updates in Cardiogram 2.9.15:
• Fixes to data syncing. Sorry if you've experienced problems in the past week.
• If you have any questions or feedback, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you. Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
Isuues and no help
So I had issues. Like I asked for them NOT to use my main EMAIL as I really don’t like the idea of what if they get hacked into like yahoo and others? I’d rather they used my throwaway Facebook account for me to use as a sign in and them to know my FB password as I really don’t care so much about it as I do my email account. I’ve emailed about it more than once and no one bothered to email back.
I had issues with my graphs not populating.... except for the Steps. But I have a Fitbit so that’s redundant. The main thing I wanted it for was to watch my heart and so far, it’s done a spectacularly crappy job at that. It doesn’t tell me a rhythm, only a high, doesn’t tell me a low. I’m trying to see what value it has OVER the HealthKit heart rate
I finally uninstalled it. Thanks for nothing guys. You were singularly unhelpful.
Update: Cardiogram support eventually got back to me and they reset my account. For those who have yet to open a Cardiogram account here is my advice. Make a throwaway email account to attach it to. Because they were nosy post on other formats. What business is it of theirs who my “friends” are? Oh and they’ll “ask permission before they post on your account”. Uh, I don’t want to take the time to say no. So upgrading from a 1 although I’m not sure how much more helpful it is than HealthKit truly. I have yet to see a aha moment
Back in Business!
My previous review was “Very Disappointed” because of issues noted below. I’m happy to report that the data issues I had with the app have been resolved and the app is again monitoring my heart rate. I depend on the Cardiogram app as it gives me data that is critical in managing my Afib. I even showed results to my Cardiologist and medication was altered accordingly. Thank you!
Further to my earlier Review (see below), now the message indicates they’ve been adding capacity all weekend and their systems are processing my data. All weekend? And, still no updates! I worked in technology and if our end users experienced these issues, for this length of time, heads would have rolled! Previous Review: I’m still waiting for updates. Using the latest version and everything was fine until this week. Data doesn’t update. Message says to reload, which I did several times, deleted the app and downloaded again. Worked a few hours, then stopped collecting data again. As refreshing and reloading didn’t work, I emailed the address indicated. Email was returned as undeliverable. Prior to these issues and frustration, I would have given Cardiogram five stars because it had worked so well and gave me data that I took to my Cardiologist.
It is a great app it does show me my heart rate but to go back or measure continuously once it closes I have to re-login in order for it to retake all my statistics it doesn’t compare to anything else so basically I have to close it all down and then re-open to see what my heart rate is again if it shuts down by itself that’s what I have to do I don’t understand why it’s so hard to see average or or consistency or to see my heart rate in present moment once it closes. So like now medically I’m under a little distress my heart rate is beyond 140 a minute but I have to keep logging out of my watch and read back in for it tell me that that’s why areas I think you would be beneficial to have a button somewhere in touch to bring back my past results compare them to know it’s a great app you guys are awesome you’re working really hard on this I can tell anyway that would be very helpful thank you,
- Cardiogram Inc.
- 72.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Cardiogram Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.