NIH Toolbox Standing Balance Test
This task is designed to assess postural sway and to determine participants’ vestibulo-spinal function. Children ages 3-6 are asked to complete the first four poses; participants ages 7 years and above are asked to complete all five poses.
The task order is always the same:
• Pose 1: flat surface, feet together, eyes open
• Pose 2: flat surface, feet together, eyes closed
• Pose 3: on foam, feet together, eyes open
• Pose 4: on foam, feet together, eyes closed
• Pose 5: flat surface, tandem stance, eyes open
iOS 11.3-12 support
- Glinberg & Associates, Inc.
- 3.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2006-2017 National Institutes of Health and Northwestern University
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.