SinoEnglish is a breakthrough method for learning clear American English pronunciation built specifically for the needs of Chinese speakers. Through a new, patented method, Chinese English learners can quickly and intuitively learn Standard American pronunciation by accurately splicing and resequencing Chinese sounds. SinoEnglish reveals how Chinese characters work better than letters to teach the standard English pronunciation in China and will give you the confidence to pronounce even the most complicated English words.
Through these intuitive and easy to use apps, Chinese English learners will:
• Learn how to sequence standard Mandarin sounds into standard American Pronunciation
• Learn to correctly pronounce new sounds not found in China English (sounds like /th/ and /v/ among others)
• Learn standard American stress and intonation patterns in polysyllabic words
• Learn standard American long and short vowels
• Learn clear consonant blends and clusters
• Learn to eliminate disruptive “extra sounds” that make China English so difficult to understand for English speakers
• Learn to distinguish between commonly mistaken minimal pairs
• Learn to hear American English sounds more accurately and improve your listening comprehension.
SinoEnglish users learn all of these skills through Chinese characters!
New in 1.3.1
- Fixed a typo
- Implemented advanced search capabilities, allowing to search for words in the full dictionary
- Redesigned progress tracking
- New ‘About’ page with contact information
- Renamed Character Reference to Sound Chart
- Changed character selection mode in Sound Chart to Pinying keyboard
- Fixed an incorrect Character Block
- Included new video tutorials for the app and the method
- Fixed initial word size and vocabulary list size
- Fixed a bug where looking at your progress on first launch would crash the app
- Renamed Word of the Day to Daily Word
- Made the Sound Chart the default view
- Shortened dictionary name
- Slowed down text speed when spoken
- Fixed errors that could be introduced when changing the default dictionary name
- Implemented a "done" button in the tutorial
- Fixed issues when purchasing the full dictionary from different scenes in the app
- Fixed crashes on iPad
- Fixed other app crashes
- Localized the app text to Chinese
- Other minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Well Worth the Wait!
This app is the most amazing phonetic pronunciation guide available to the Native Chinese speaker.
Jonathon Stalling has under promised and over delivered on this app.
Pin Ying has the potential to radically change the quality of English language acquisition for Chinese speakers.
Even though Chinese is my second language I prefer the phonetics of this alphabet to the IPA or any other tool.
I highly anticipated the release of this app and it is even better than I hoped.
My pronunciation is much better thanks to this wonderful app. I would hire any of the developers in a heartbeat! Thanks Pinying!
I GOT A JOB BECAUSE OF PINYING
If PINYING did not exist, I would not have my current job! The in-depth features and large platform taught me so much. I learned more from PINYING in just a few weeks than sitting in a classroom for over two years! I love PINYING and would not be here without it.
- University of Oklahoma Office of Technology Development
- 59.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © University of Oklahoma
- In-App Purchases
- Full Dictionary $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.