Patook is THE strictly platonic friend making app! As seen on TechCrunch, Wired magazine, Geekwire, Engadget, The Sun, The Telegraph and many more.
You were looking for apps to make new friends and ended up on this page.
Maybe you’ve moved in the past few years, live in a tiny (or huge) city, graduated, or just have this gut feeling that there are people out there who would make awesome friends to you, and you to them.
Or you found a couple of other “friend” apps, but then after trying them, realized that they were full of people looking for more than friendship.
Well guess what – Patook is an app strictly for friendships. So strictly in fact, that we have developed our own automatic method to detect when someone is flirting. We’ve even included a no-flirting clause in our terms of service so we ban such users. Any person who attempts to flirt via the app will get their account permanently banned before their message even makes it into your inbox.
The result? Women, men, couples and others on this app have the same goal and the same expectations.
If you’re on Patook, it’s to make great platonic friends. Period.
If that’s not enough to sway you, Patook has proprietary methods that match you to people who are similar to you. That means people who like the same things, and also dislike the same things. It calculates a point score for each user and tells you how compatible you are with them. So, instead of picking your “friends” based on giant pictures of them, you actually look through shared interests and pick which interests you care the most about.
Want even more control? Want to find a friend who speaks French, plays the violin, likes the same shows you do? Patook's point system allows you to give out points for traits you like, and then each user gets a little score shown next to their name.
Give it a shot. Let us know what you think. We’re still new but our users are fantastic. And if you’ve read this far, so are you!
* The matches tab shows you nearby users who you have a good chance of getting along with. Patook is centered around connecting compatible people together. The score shown on the top right is the result of your point system.
* The discussions tab acts as a local bulletin board where user can post various topics, discussions, jokes or rants. Discussions are visible to everyone within your area, so by posting to them you are effectively broadcasting messages to the neighborhood. People can then upvote and respond to the topics and the most interesting topics get surfaced. This helps kickstart conversations between people.
* The point system gives users more control in finding compatible users. For example, you can give 20 points to women, 10 points to people who speak French, and 20 points who are originally from the United States. The point count shows up next to the user's names.
* You can log in with Facebook to speed things up, but you don’t have to.
* Patook takes security and privacy very seriously. We have made as many privacy options as we could think of available. Our moderators are also happy to respond to any feedback from you.
We hope you enjoy using this app. Please feel free to message us if you have any questions or comments about it, and spread the word.
Join the thousands of people who have made new friends or found a BFF on Patook!
Patook is the best app for making platonic friends. This update makes it even better by adding:
1- Improved, clearer UI
2- Faster performance
3- Conversations now indicate when the user is typing.
4- Revamped flirt blocker
5- Conversation window is now much faster and smoother.
6- Group chats now available.
Ratings and Reviews
Chat msgs not being sent?
Great concept. Definitely beneficial with where I'm at right now - meeting new people and forming meaningful relationships. I'm recently divorced and my world has been flipped as far as relationships, so finding this app is perfect timing (for finding friends ONLY...no way am I trying to get into something rn after going through a divorce). The only thing, I think I'm flagged or something. Everything seemed fine for the first week or so and then it seemed like the chat msgs I was sending weren't going thru. Instead of the double check, which indicates the other person read your msg, all of my chats just have the single check which just indicates it was sent and that the other person doesn't have notifications on. But somethings wrong because I've sent maybe 10 chat msgs to new people and none have read them or viewed my profile. So it seems I have been flagged. I'm a guy and I've mostly msg'd women - it seems theres more women than men on the app, and honestly, I've only come across a handful of dudes who have interesting profiles. I was raised by a tribe of women and have 5 sisters so I'm very comfortable having women friends. But maybe I'm blocked because I'm a male who's mostly reached out to females. Patook, any help with this issue?
It’s pretty good, only...
I was happily using it, and making friends, but there’s a little too much restrictions. My account also seemingly got deleted or something, and I don’t understand what I did wrong. It did say that they have the right to delete or hide account without notifying the user, but I thats a bit of a weird system. How are we supposed to know what we did wrong, if you don’t tell us? It’s very inconvenient when it also seems like I’m ignoring the new potential friends I was talking to. I’m trying to get my account verified again, but it’s been days, and nothing has changed. I’m so frustrated, there is no way to tell the people I was talking to that I’m not ignoring them.
There’s also no swearing on the app, and honestly, many people swear now a days. This is honestly minor compared to my account being hidden with me being notified of it, it was only when one of my friend on Patook send me a text message on the phone to tell me did I realize something was wrong.
Work in progress!
One word: Patience. This is a friendship app not a dating app! For some reason in today’s society that means less traffic! Lol. This idea of an app for friendship is relatively new! Not a million people on the app in neighboring cities so you have to be patient, however every week new people sign up and every once in a while people with similar interest join! I will say, the people you have mutual hobbies with always seem pretty awesome! Also you can’t send or receive a phone number until Patook decides you and the other party have developed rapporteur which is really cool and annoying at the same time! Anyway. I recommend you try the app, more effective than any others out there, oh and I hope Patook can market itself to more potential users while maintaining its integrity!
- Patook LLC
- 107.5 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Armenian, French, German, Greek, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2015 Patook LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.