- Essential tool for your iPhone & iPad.
- Test the GPS module.
- Resolve GPS problems.
- Supplements operation of your navigation apps.
- If location cannot be determined then it diagnoses why.
- Assists you in changing conditions to get a reliable location.
- Geodetic Coordinates (i.e. Latitude & Longitude) and WGS84 Datum included by default.
COORDINATES PRO (In-App Purchase):
Work with multiple charts and maps. Super easy setup of coordinate systems and datums.
Credit: "The product was developed using GEOTRANS, a product of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) and U.S. Army Engineering Research and Development Center."
- United States National Grid (USNG)
- Military Grid Reference System (MGRS) -Old and New
- Ordnance Survey National Grid (OSNG) for Great Britain,
- Global Area Reference System (GARS).
- 174 Datums (e.g. WGS84, NAD83, NAD27, WGS72, ED50, ED79, OSGB36 etc....)
- The developer is a professional software and hardware engineer, yachtmaster and pilot with a passion for navigation and Apple products.
- Consistent 5 star reviews, see what users are saying:
"Perfect Diagnostic Tool - This is the best app if you need to know the actual status of the internal GPS."
"Excellent application - This was a much needed application for iOS devices."
"Awesome, over used term but this app is - This app does what other developers said they could not do."
- Lodestone Chart™ displays all essential GPS satellite information using a chart with only 4 bars. This dramatically simplifies the diagnostic process (Registered Copyright).
- Uses the internal GPS of your iPhone or iPad.
- Includes a Speedometer, Altimeter and Compass.
- Location and altitude ( best-in-class accuracy and reliability )
- Speed (SOG) and Course (COG).
- Heading (i.e. Compass) with ability to turn on and off the manual compass calibration.
- Hardware information
- Accuracy of measurements shown for pro users.
- Imperial, metric and nautical units. These are the most commonly used and most useful navigation units. All easily changeable from the screen in use.
- Does not require internet access and does not use cellular data.
- Essential tool for any power user.
(e.g. navigators, yachtsmen, pilots, app developers)
- Share your location by text message, email etc. The format contains all essential information for improved accuracy.
- Works with Garmin Glo.
- GPS Diagnostic™ is a professional GPS test and measurement utility for your iPhone and iPad.
Application file size reduced by 50%.
Ratings and Reviews
Literally one of the most useful apps I have ever used. My iPhone X was having horrible GPS issues under an iOS 11.4 install. I suspected a hardware fault after this app proved the phone was not pulling <any> GPS satellites and was instead relying on cell tower triangulation. After I did all the (failed) usual internet tips of resetting network settings, resetting privacy settings, toggling cell signal, etc. I thought I had proved the hardware fault. Went to Apple store to shove it under their nose. But there was a freak break-in the night before and the store was locked shut. Desperate and dejected, I went back home and decided to do a full wipe and reinstall for giggles, thinking nothing would change. Lo and behold, GPS diagnostic shows multiple satellite tracks after the wipe and reinstall (iOS 11.4). And a full on lock while standing outside using Google maps. Moral of the story: this can’t necessarily PROVE the exact nature of your hardware or software problem, but it can flag for you whether or not your GPS is actively tracking satellites. Knowing is half the battle. From there, it’s up to you to guess and check where your exact problem lies. Still saved my life because there was no other way to get this critical satellite feedback data. Now I don’t have to go to (another) Apple Store tomorrow! 5 stars.
Very useful tool if maps act weird.
Used this app to determine that my internal gps antenna/software weren’t functioning correctly. When any mapping software was open they often didn’t seem to accurately display my exact location and any movement shown I was inaccurately spinning or wrong streets or direction etc etc. This awesome little app was extremely useful as it displayed whether I was actually connected to gps satellites and I discovered that I wasn’t. After firmly pressing on my phone where the internal antenna was located would reconnect a loose antenna and viola, a refresh of the app displayed correctly connection and functioning and my navigation apps instantly worked better then I thought they were supposed to to work to begin with. THIS IS AN AWESOME GPS DIAGNOSTICS TOOL and will be a permanent addition to my utilities folder of apps. I cannot say any bad about it at all.
Helped me solve my iPhone GPS issue
I had to buy an external gps to get things like google maps working on my phone. Apple refused to acknowledge my issue was a bad gps chip. This app worked flawlessly to show the Apple Genius that my issue was indeed hardware and not software. Connected via the phone GPS — no satellites found. Connected via a Garmin external GPS and suddenly fantastic satellite strength. Absolutely fantastic customer support from the development team as well who helped me with the diagnostic.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- David Ryall
- 188.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 David Ryall
- In-App Purchases
- Coordinates-Pro $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.