The Kinetic Fit App pairs with Kinetic's Smart Trainers and other fitness equipment to provide the most comprehensive workout experience for cyclists. Pick from workouts designed by professional coaches for real-time guidance on your target power and cadence or go for a Free Ride! Measure your progress with accurate post-ride analysis and take your workout results to your preferred fitness platform. Customize the user interface to display the most relevant data.
Real-time monitoring of over 50 data points including:
• Power (Current, Average, Max, Normalized, Rolling Averages, Kilojoules, Zones)
• Cadence, Speed, Distance, Calories
• Heart Rate (Current, Average, % of Reserve and Max, Zones)
• TSS, iFactor, Kcals, nPower
• Time in Power and Heart Rate Zones
• Session and Lap Durations, Averages, Maximums
• … and more!
• Professional Training Plans
• Power-zone based Workouts
• Interactive real-time graphing
• Automated FTP workout and training zone update
• Configure the on-screen displays for a completely personalized workout
• Automatic laps when doing a designed workout
• iOS Health integration
• Automatically share workouts to popular training and workout-sharing web sites
• Automatically upload workouts to Dropbox
• Export your workout session in .fit format
• Complete workout history with lifetime stats
• Trainer calibration for the most accurate power measurements
All workout data can be shared and synchronized with iOS Health to give you a more complete picture of your activity.
• Share speed, distance, heart rate and calories burned
Upgrade to a Smart Subscription and get access to:
• 30+ Training Plans
• Over 250 workouts plus unlimited Custom Workouts
• Support more hardware and more modes on non-Kinetic gear
• Stream YouTube playlists and AppleTV Video support
• More Analytics, unlimited workout Displays, and more app features!
• Simple subscription management through Apple's In-App Subscription
• Subscribe to the Quarterly plan and save!
The App requires Bluetooth Low Energy which is available on the iPhone 4S and newer and the iPad 3 and newer models.
The inRide sensor works with Kinetic Road Machine and Kinetic Rock and Roll Trainers.
All Smart Subcriptions will auto-renew unless cancelled 24 hours prior to the renewal date.
Bug fixes for various electronic trainers and bluetooth devices.
Updated Apple Watch support for Series 1.
Other various bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
One step forward, one step back
Update: Nov 2017. App is now dead. After recent update it can no longer find the power sensor.
I switched from the Kinetinc inRide app to the Kinetic Fit app. There are pros and cons to switching at this time. The new app offers a significant improvement in the number of workouts available and groups them nicely so you can quickly find a workout to meet your need. There is even a section called sufferfest where you can stream a workout video whils you ride. I have not yet tried that feature so this review toes not take it into consideration. The negatives are that the application has some bugs. Specifically, exporting of data to other 3rd party apps such as Strava is missing critical data. For me this is disappointing but not a show stopper. Hopefully that issue will be remedied soon including a way to correct the history. If you appreciate more available workouts and don't need to export the data, this is a nice upgrade. If you rely on Strava to keep all of your data accurately so you can manage your workouts, stick with the inTide app until the bugs are fixed.
Heart Rate Completely Nonfunctional with Apple Watch
Bought this trainer months ago and the heart rate briefly worked with the app. Since then, heart rate integration with the Apple Watch has been entirely DOA. I have followed every instruction suggested by Kinetic to the T, multiple times, however the Apple Watch app just crashes over and over. This includes multiple instances of completely deleting both the iOS Kinetic app and Apple Watch Kinetic app. As someone with heart issues, it *completely defeats the purpose* of buying a “smart” trainer that can track heart rate if that basic functionality doesn’t work. The iOS app claims it can “see” the Apple Watch and use it to track heart rate but it simply doesn’t work. Why on earth would anyone pay a subscription for a broken product that has remained so for months.
Loving the Kinetic Road Machine with Smart Control!
After quite a bit of research and some product testing I recently purchased my Kinetic Road Machine with Smart Control from Cape SeaSports Cyclery in Hyannis MA. I honestly could not be happier with my purchase decision. From out of box it took me less than 30 minutes to assemble the unit, mount my bike, download the Kinetic Fit app on my iPhone, and start riding - and trust me I’m not that mechanically inclined! Kudos for making a great indoor trainer that is solid, stable, quiet, and easy to use! My winter is going to be so much more fun!
- Kurt Manufacturing Company Inc.
- 146.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Kinetic
- In-App Purchases
- Smart $9.99
- Smart $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.