This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Music Memos is the easiest way for songwriters to capture and organize new musical ideas. Use your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to record acoustic guitar, piano, voice, or any musical instrument as high-quality, uncompressed audio. Then name, tag and rate your ideas to start building a library of all your favorite new song parts and riffs. Music Memos automatically detects your tempo, rhythmic feel and chords and lets you instantly hear your musical idea accompanied by a rhythm section with realistic drums and bass. View the chords you’ve played, add comments and lyrics, or share your recordings with friends or directly to Apple Music Connect*. And it’s easy to take your favorite ideas into GarageBand to add more instruments and continue building your song.
Quickly capture musical ideas
• Easily record any musical idea using a simple interface
• Instantly listen to your recorded song ideas with a virtual drummer and bass player, who follow along like a live band in the room
• Adjust the groove and sound of the drum or bass using simple and intuitive controls to hear your song idea in different ways
• Tune your guitar with a built-in instrument tuner
Build a library of song ideas
• Name any song idea, or delete unwanted recordings
• Tag your song ideas to help you find them later using keywords like verse, chorus, mellow, energetic, or add your own custom tags
• Rate your song idea 1-5 stars to help you identify your favorites
• Supports iCloud Drive so your library of song ideas are always safe and available across all your iOS devices
View, edit and document your song ideas
• Automatically analyzes the music you played and displays musical measures and suggested chord names
• Rename or provide further detail for any chord names throughout your song
• The drum and bass performances adapt immediately to match any chord and rhythm edits
• Trim away any unwanted parts from the beginning and end of your recording
• Keep track of comments, lyric ideas, alternate guitar tunings or capo position
Share your new song
• Use iCloud Drive to make your song ideas available across all your iOS devices
• Email any song idea to a friend to share your music, or to collaborate with other musicians
• Quickly open your idea in GarageBand for iOS to add more instruments and keep building your song
• Export a song idea to the Mac so you can work in GarageBand or Logic Pro X as a full multi-track production
• Share to SoundCloud, YouTube and Apple Music Connect*
* Requires Apple Music Connect account
What's New in Version 1.0.4
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
One of Apple’s best apps.
Brilliant app. Love how they’re improving it with each release. iCloud incorporated as well!
Its pretty much useless.
I’ve been using this app for my church band and it’s now becoming useless. Won’t load recorded music and much less let me listen to them. Kick me out after about 10 seconds. I’ve rebooted and reinstalled still the same.
Used to work okay, albeit very slowly. Now crashes without doing anything. Have a lot of recordings in this, maybe it doesn’t know how to handle them.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 19, 2017
- Version: 1.0.4
- Size: 157 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2017 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.