Kodex is an advanced code editor which brings powerful and desktop-class IDE features to your iPad or iPhone:
* Multi-caret editing, to quickly transform code selections.
* Regex search and replace, with template matching.
* Minimap which allows quick scroll navigation though the document.
* Syntax highlighting for over 150 languages.
* Auto complete feature (currently only for HTML).
* Add as many guide columns as you wish (default 80 and 120 characters).
* Configurable tab size (default 4 spaces), or insert spaces when pressing tab.
* Draw hints for invisible characters such as new lines, tabs, and spaces.
* Customizable key bindings, so you can configure Kodex to use the same key combos you are already used to.
* Light and Dark modes.
Kodex is integrated with the Files app, so you can easily open files from any other app, and from your iCloud documents folder.
You can launch Kodex QuickEdit from any file sharing view in any app to edit its contents without launching the main Kodex App (be aware this functionality depends on the host app implementing the sharing activity properly).
Included are 10 editor themes, and several monospaced fonts for code editing (you can install your own preferred fonts using system profiles). Font size and line spacing are adjustable, so you can configure Kodex to best fit your preferred screen size, arrangement, and orientation.
Kodex is currently optimized for external keyboards, such as Apple's Smart Keyboard for the iPad Pro, or any bluetooth/USB keyboard. More virtual keyboard features will be added in a future version.
This update fixes a glicth that would happen on compact layouts when showing the language picker or other full-screen modal views. That glitch would break the text editor and prevent a bunch of behaviors from working properly, including layout updates, scrolling, and many more.
Ratings and Reviews
Just one thing to add
Please add a spot where we can tip you for the app. This is a wonderful app and I would like to at least give something for the hard work.
Love This App!
For someone who uses Atom, it has the same feel to it. It’s easy to use, and file handling is marvelous. Would recommend to anyone.
It’s like having sublime, or VS Code, or Atom or whatever on your iPad. I’ve been waiting for this for so long!
I just wish there was a markdown previewer added. As someone who edits a lot of markdown files, I would love to be able to preview the final output.
Thanks a ton!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.