Let us guide you through the Copenhagen Citadel, also known as Kastellet, and the surrounding area.
This guide covers the 17 most important structures and monuments at the citadel. It offers a full description of every building including sketches or photos of how the buildings used to look in their past glory. Markings on the map shows where the structures are placed, and where your are accordingly to them.
Using TTS (text to speak) your smartphone will act as an audio guide and will read the texts out to you loud, as you visit the different sites. The voice used is the default iPhone speaker voice, that is already installed on your device. All you need to do is to press “Play” at the button of a selected text, and the chosen text will be read out to you.
You can either use our predefined tour of the highlights of the area, or you can plan your own tour through the fortification. Simply use the Tour Planner features to select the buildings you would like to see and then follow you own route through The Copenhagen Citadel (Kastellet).
Features included in the app:
- Description and history of 17 of the buildings ind and around the Citadel.
- Pictures and photos from the past and from present day..
- Audioguide using TTS (text to speech).
- Tour planner to create your own unique route through the Citadel.
- Markings of the buildings on a GPS powered map.
- A description of the history of the entire area.
17 buildings are covered in The Copenhagen Citadel (Kastellet):
- The Little Mermaid
- Langelinie (The Promenade)
- Nordre toldbod (Customhouses)
- Gefion Fountain
- St. Albans Church
- Churchills Park
- The Kings Gate
- Moat and Smedelinien Outworks
- Commanders House
- The Rows
- Nothern and Southern Storehouse
- Powder House
- Church and Prison
- Central Guard House
- National Monument of Remembrance
Languages available: English and Danish
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.