motî is a multi-lingual dictionary app for iOS, entirely based on open content, optimised for learning and offline use.
It takes its data from the English Wiktionary project, the project’s aim is to describe all words of all languages in English. In one single application, multiple languages can be installed, currently there are 12 languages, but with around 3800 languages in the Wiktionary project there is ample opportunity to include others.
Including etymologies helps to make connections between new and already familiar words in any language installed, and example sentences show how words or phrases are used within a wider context.
To facilitate faster language learning the user’s word-search history is saved and searchable. Users of AnkiMobile can easily create new flashcards based on dictionary entries.
* 12 languages to install for offline use: Dutch, English, Esperanto, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Latin, Romanian, Spanish, Portuguese
* Definitions always in English
* Example sentences, usage notes, synonyms and etymologies
* Fast search in both directions
* Pronunciation information and playback
* Export dictionary entries to AnkiMobile flashcards
* Add your own text and photos to entries
- Attach photos and text notes to entries
- Dictionaries have been updated
Ratings and Reviews
As soon as Russian is included, I am giving this a 5 star
I love the simplistic design, it's classy. I have faith that Russian and other languages will be added in the future. There is also a crash here and there but that's expected from a new app. I can't understand why there aren't more of these multi lingual dictionary apps, they are wicked cool.
Developer Response ,
I'm planning to add Russian in one of the next updates. When does the app crash? Please enable "Share crash data with developer" in Settings – Privacy – Diagnostics so I can debug it. Thanks.
Best app so far
Cool, simple useful
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.