Best Apps of 2016, as Chosen by Apple.
MaxCurve is a professional photo editor, which has the most comprehensive curve editing function and pro manual camera.
MaxCurve achieves great innovation with 28 curves, most of which users have never seen on other apps. Even Photoshop can't achieve such an exquisite adjustment performance. Furthermore, manual camera, HDR, layer, channel, mask, preset, blend mode, opacity, crop and vignette are available. MaxCurve is able to edit every detail of your photos to its maximum design and also help to perfectly reconstruct your photography works. It's an indispensable app for photographers, and an essential tool serving as great assistant for artists.
"MaxCurve should satisfy even the most perfectionist image editors."
"Take your iPhone photography to new levels with MaxCurve."
-- App Advice
"MaxCurve brings professional image editing that even goes beyond some of the Photoshop curve functions. Recommended."
-- Life in LoFi
"Even more powerful desktop applications like Photoshop don’t offer the same level of control over some of their adjustments as MaxCurve does through its diverse range of curves tools."
-- iPhone Photography School
- RGB, Red, Green and Blue curves
- CMYK, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black curves
- Contrast/Lightness curve
- Exposure/Lightness curve, like shadow/highlight in Photoshop
- Gamma/Lightness curve
- Temperature/Lightness curve
- Lightness/Hue curve, like hue/saturation in Photoshop
- Black & White/Hue curve, best BW tool ever
- Hue curve, like hue/saturation in Photoshop
- Hue/Saturation curve
- Hue/Lightness curve, like color balance in Photoshop
- Saturation curve
- Saturation/Hue curve
- Saturation/Lightness curve
- a curve
- a/Luminosity curve
- Copy a to b curve
- b curve
- b/Luminosity curve
- Copy b to a curve
- Luminosity curve
- Manage curves using maximum 40 layers
- Add color layer, texture layer or self-blending layer; then set blend modes like in Photoshop
- Adjust blending opacity using curves
- Add mask for every layer
- RGB, CMYK, HSL and LAB channels
- Check and adjust channels separately
- HDR brings a stunning look to your image by using one image
- Crop, rotation, mirror and ratio tools
- Sharpness, blur, grain, structure and vignette tools
- Powerful history function with snapshot
- Pixelate and border tools
- Adjust the exposure, ISO, shutter speed, temperature and focus by manual
- Use the presets to be the filters while taking photos
- Use it as a standalone camera
SYNC TO PHOTOSHOP
- MaxCurve can be linked to your Mac or PC's Photoshop using Wi-Fi, import images from Photoshop and export them back again after processing
- Output presets as the format of 3D LUT, and use them in the function named 'Color Lookup' of Photoshop
- You can perform collaborative work with Photoshop like a plugin, first of its kind ever created
- Process and save images as FULL size without downscaling resolution
- Support for JPEG, TIFF, PNG and RAW (CRW, CR2, DNG, ARW, RAF, ORF, NEF, MRW, PEF, and others)
- Reserve EXIF and GPS information as original picture
- Add copyright info into EXIF, or add watermark for protecting your copyright
- Choice of export quality
- Analyze pictures by professional histogram and gradient map
- Open MaxCurve in system's Photos app, and have it serve as a filter extension
- Support is available for split view on iPad and 3D touch
- Save curves into presets for subsequent and future use
- We set up an online curve sharing platform for users to share photography artworks and curves without registration
- Find inspiration on a publication highlighting creativity from around the globe
- Save curves of other photographers to local presets
Have suggestions or problems? Contact us via email: support@ maxcurve. net
- Added support for iOS 11 and iPhone X.
- New Structure tool added to detail kit which may enhance the detail of texture. You may find it beside the HDR tool.
- Save pictures faster when taking photos.
- Added support for new cameras with RAW formats.
- Minor bugs have fixed to improve performance.
Ratings and Reviews
It was good before version 3...
MaxCurve is one of my favorite photo apps, but I am frustrated by this new update. Everything is just way less user friendly like it took a step backward. The user interface is super annoying and more difficult to navigate through, too busy, and the undo button is very frustrating because it isn't specific to each component of the edit but the whole photo itself. The way undo worked before was one of my favorite things about the app because it made it different from the other editing apps. I want it to go back. It also doesn't look nicer so I really don't understand what happened... it was so good before I don't get why it changed. And I am not a fan of how the graphs are on top of the picture rather than below. Lots of unfortunate updates. The editing capability itself is great, and I like the white theme option, but other than that, I'm pretty disappointed.
Developer Response ,
Hi, sorry for this trouble. I really made some changes for this app and I kept some for old users. You may change the toolbar into full mode by dragging the line bar on top of the toolbar. So the curves can't cover the pictures. As the undo button, I have to say it's from the most of other image editors and you will get used to it. Thank you.
Do you have to hit me with rating nags with every version update on every device? Usually the first time I open it too? How little do you have to care about user experience to obsessively harass PAYING customers to rate the app over and over and over again. Do you really think that yours is the only app doing this? Once upon a time, the customer was king. Now she's just a tool to feed the narcissism of the business. So, there's you rating. Again. I'll be sure to rate for each version update, before even using the new version. Because, you know, you care so much about our experience, you want to hear about it before we even have it. Now THAT'S dedication.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry. I'll close the repeated rating warnings.
Wouldn't say this App is not good.
Wouldn't say this App is not a good one. But, there are indeed something missing. First, every feature/function should have a save or finish button. For example, sometimes I just need rotation and crop. But, there is no save/check button for me to get out of that screen. I have to tap on some other function in order to use the check mark.
Second, a simple level tool is needed to quickly fix exposure rather than using those curve tools.
Third, a simple highlight/shadow function is needed to brighten dark areas.
I bought this App to save time for casual shooting so that I do not have to use Photoshop CC. The current shape of this App is good but can be greatly improved by just adding some simple exposure and tonality tools.
- Xiaodong Wang
- 117.5 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015-2017 maxcurve.net
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.