Your Apple Watch includes two standard complications: Day and Calendar. Tapping either one brings you to the same place: a list of events. Better Day is an alternative destination on your watch face: a three-year calendar that you can navigate with the Digital Crown.
Better Day is a highly customizable calendar and complication for the Apple Watch. It supports 20 languages and 15 calendar systems, including the religious and national calendars listed below.
Better Day includes an awesome date complication. By default, it displays the weekday, month and day. You can configure the complication to display whichever part of the date you like, or a small graphic of the current month. For multicolor watch faces, you can also change the accent color.
When you tap the complication, you’ll see a detailed calendar for the current month. Scroll through the 12 months of the year using the Digital Crown. Move from year to year by swiping left and right.
• Indian National
• ISO 8601
Better Day 5.0 brings support for the new Apple Watch Series 4, including some phenomenal new ways to visualize the calendar on the Infograph watch face:
* The Month Gauge, at a glance, shows the current month and your position in it as a dot on an arc.
* Optionally, a more detailed month gauge shows the number of days in the current month as well.
* The Year Gauge shows the arc of the year, and marks today as a dot on that arc. It also tells you the name of month.
* The simple year gauge is my favorite: it removes the month altogether for a more minimalist look. Gaze into the inky blackness at the center, as dot smoothly traces the inexorable passage of time.
* This gauge is also available in the centerpiece slot, alongside more practical information like what day it is. In case you have to, y'know, write a check.
Of course, this update isn't all about the Series 4. Everybody gets something:
* More accent colors! Better Day supports all the accent colors available on watchOS 5.
* Many more options for the Simple, Photo, Chronograph and Utility faces.
* A complete rewrite of all the graphical calendar complications. They're pixel-perfect and absolutely stunning.
* Plus many bug fixes and quality of life improvements, including better support for Dynamic Type in the iPhone companion app.
Better Day 5 is a free update for all users of Better Day. If you love this app, please take the time to rate it or write a review! And as always if you're having issues, feel free to reach out directly: email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
First time Apple Watch user
Got the brand new Apple Watch 4 and learned about this app through reddit. It is very easy to navigate and lovely to use! The only thing I think could make this better is to have an option for the sundial top complication to put digital time around the circular part of watch face and the main part to include date and year! Another personal preference, I liked how the app followed the colors available by Apple but none of the pinks actually look like pink (they look like peach or red) on the watch face. If there was a pink pink color option it would have made it perfect for me. I was still very happy and satisfied with the app and will recommend to friends :)
Update: The developer responded to my comment and informed that by setting the calendar to "ISO 8601", the week will start on Monday. So now it's a five star :)
Has many options for Apple watch complication. Would have given 5 stars if it also has option to set week start as Monday
You can set the week to start on Monday! In the Better Day settings screen, select the ISO 8601 calendar; under that system, the week starts on Monday.
Not really working on WatchOS 5
Cool idea, but if I’m paying $2 for this app, I expect it to work. It does not work. The swiping between years on the watch app is glitchy and often times the gesture doesn’t work, or the calendar switches but the bottom circle indicator lights don’t switch to reflect the calendar (last year, this year, or next year)
In addition, the modular watch face compilations are not showing up on the watch. I can’t select Better Day... so it’s entirely useless for what I bought it for
Sorry to hear you're having issues! Can you confirm that you are running the latest build of Better Day (5.02)? If you're unable to get the complication to show up even with the latest version, please get in touch; happy to help troubleshoot if you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Panchromatic, LLC
- 34.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015-2018 Panchromatic LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.