*This app is developed and is managed by Wern Jie, 15 years old.
"When all you want is the digital equivalent of a paper diary, this is the perfect one." - goyyboy
"[...] Exactly what I needed [...]" - (multiple reviews)
"Good and accessible with VoiceOver" - Allan.summers
Never write a diary because of the inconvenience to do that?
Always forget to write in your diary?
Afraid that someone will peek into your diary?
Unable to attach images into your diary?
Just need a simple & easy to use diary?
Personal Diary is an app that solves the above problems. It's completely free with no advertisements and limitations. Easily access all your entries in all your devices with iCloud Sync. You can write diary entries without worrying that someone will peek at what you wrote, with passcode & biometric protection. Forgot about your diary? The app will now 'summon' you back a friendly nudge. You can also import as many photos as you wish into your entries. As an addition, you can set your mood and also the weather.
- Numeric passcode lock (any number of digits).
- Unlock using Touch ID or Face ID.
- Auto-saves as you type.
- Simple & Easy to use.
- iCloud Sync.
- Smart Search.
- Ability to pick a mood.
- Ability to choose the weather of the day.
- Mood & Weather can be automatically chosen.
- Import photos to your entries.
- Select a theme to suite your style.
- Dark Mode for better night use.
- iPad Multitasking Features supported.
- External keyboard supported.
- VoiceOver fully supported.
- 3D Touch functionalities supported.
- Simple Rich Text editing supported.
- Siri Shortcuts and Integration (experimental).
- Fully functional non-stripped down version of Apple Watch app.
- FlickType keyboard integration in the Apple Watch app, allowing for a faster and more convenient typing experience on your wrist.
- iPhone X, XS, XR series supported.
- New iPad Pro 11" and 12.9" supported.
- Apple Watch app supports all models, Series 0-4.
- Daily Notifications for writing in your diary.
- NO Ads & absolutely FREE! :D
*Some features may not available on the Apple Watch. All features for editing and viewing all your entries such as the Timeline view are fully supported on the watch, except for previewing images.
Don't forget to let me know what you think of Personal Diary by leaving a review on the App Store! Reviews and ratings help and let other users find this app. If you have any problems or questions, feel free to send a feedback; I might be able to help! :)
- Please do not forget your password. If you forget your password and your identity cannot be verified, you may not be able to access your data.
This app allows you to tip/donate to directly support the development of this app through in-app purchases. No new features will be provided when you tip, it's just to support the app's development if you would like to. Selecting a Small/Medium/Large Tip will initiate a one time payment for tipping. A Continuous Tip is automatic-renewal subscription to tip every month, and will renew automatically every month unless it's turned off or cancelled (through your account settings) at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. For this, your iTunes account will be charged when payment is confirmed, and charged for auto-renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the selected price.
- Added support for the award winning FlickType keyboard on the Personal Diary Apple Watch app. You can now create entries faster than ever before and with ease, all from your Apple Watch! *Read more below.
- You can now modify a portion of an entry or continue writing an entry that you've made in the past, without replacing the text completely from scratch. (Only supported with the FlickType keyboard)
- Hopefully I fixed the issue where on some devices you may keep encountering the message "Apologies for the crash" even when the app never crashed.
- Slightly increased maximum font size supported.
- Some other small glitches which hopefully you never noticed are fixed.
*FlickType keyboard is a full QWERTY keyboard right on your Apple Watch, which is designed to be faster than scribbling, or dictating then correcting errors manually. You do not need to press the letters exactly where they are, FlickType will do the magic of figuring what you typed for you! Note that for now, it only supports English.
If you have any issues, feel free to contact me (email@example.com). Hope you enjoy using the app!
Ratings and Reviews
Love This App!
I've downloaded a lot of journals over the years, but inevitably stopped writing because of the complicated entry setups. Two features I REALLY appreciate are how I can immediately write an entry, and the AI automatic mood assignment. When I'm done with my entry, I just check the mood, and if it's not quite what I'm feeling, I can change it. This allows me to get my thoughts out, and THEN worry about picking one emotion, which I find has actually increased my mindfulness. I also love the smart search! I started hashtagging my entries, so now I just look for the tags. One final praise: it's fully accessible with VoiceOver! Blind people can use this app! :) Thank you so much for this app! Keep up the great work! P.S. The developer is super quick and receptive with the responses and fixes!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback, and glad you liked the app! :)
- Wern Jie
Good app, bad update!
I've always really liked this app. It's a really good place to store all my personal entries, and it's been nothing but reliable. The app was perfect...until the recent update came out. My app now laggs when I scroll down through my entries so much that it takes 1-2 minutes to actually reach the bottom of my entry page, and even then, the app sometimes crashes from the lagg. Not only that, but when I'm writing a new entry and want to scroll back up to fix something, it automatically scrolls right back down to where the cursor is, which is quite frustrating. Whenever I tap an area in the entry to edit it, the cursor doesn't appear in the area I tapped, but the lowest point in the entry. Please fix these errors, and most of all, fix the lagg, as it's becoming unbearable.
Developer Response ,
Sorry for your experience with the app. I've fixed all of these issues in version 2.4.1, but I'll need more information about the lag:
- Are any of the entries being downloaded? If so, it might temporarily degrade the app's performance. Once everything is downloaded, it should be fine. Is that the case?
FYI, other than the lag (which no one experienced before), all the other issues you reported have already existed since the a few versions before, and again, they're already fixed in version 2.4.1. Please try updating to the latest version of the app and see if that helps.
Hope to hear your reply!
Perfect👌 Above and beyond
This is the perfect diary app. I appreciate the auto-dark mode and love the daily feedback AI. It conveniently reminds me of major anual events.
The only tiny annoyance is that, when I change time zones, the time stamps of all my entries changes according to the new time. This results is entries being on the wrong day until I manually change the time on my iPad or go back home.
But this is minor. Other than that, this app is perfect.
Thank you 🙏 for your work
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback! I'll see what I can do to store timezone information so that it won't change when you switch. However, any past data cannot be corrected for this, so when this is added, you might need to add the timezone info manually.
Hope that'll help!
- Wern Jie
- Eng Tat Lim
- 44.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 - 2019 Wern Jie Lim
- In-App Purchases
- Medium Tip $2.99
- Small Tip $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.