Linea - Sketch Simply
By The Iconfactory
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A sketch book isn't complicated, so why is your iPad?
Modern drawing apps are powerful, but they can overload you with hundreds of choices. Constant adjustments to brushes, colors, and layers wastes time and adds friction.
Linea takes a different approach and gives you just the right balance of power and control to sketch effortlessly. The focus stays where it belongs: on your ideas, not the tools.
What People Are Saying:
“The color swatch in Linea is fantastic...It fits a spectrum of color options into a very compact space.”
- 9 to 5 Mac
“The best possible sketching experience whether you are drawing, prototyping an app interface, storyboarding, taking notes, or something else.”
“Linea is approachable for all – and will quite likely prove to be useful and enjoyable by all.”
• Easy Colors - Choose from a wide range of pre-defined colors, or customize colors with a single tap. Auto generated tints & shades saves time and effort.
• Minimal UI - Every control is designed to stay out of your way until you need it. Linea's elegant interface puts the focus on your creations.
• Elegant Layers - Simplified set of layers that can be easily rearranged, merged & adjusted adds just the right amount of power without overloading you.
• Grids & Templates - Linea offers a wide range of traditional grids, 3D isometric lines, storyboards, and templates for iOS screen or icon design.
• Flexible Exporting - Export your work as a layered Photoshop document, transparent PNG, and more. Export entire drawings or cropped portions to a range of services including Slack and Dropbox.
• Touch Eraser - Ever used your finger to erase a whiteboard? Linea lets you wipe the screen with your finger to correct mistakes and your hands stay clean!
Complete Feature Set:
• Technical Pencil - Hard lead, thin lines. Pressure sensitive.
• Classic Pencil - Soft lead, thick lines. Pressure sensitive.
• Felt Tip Pen - Thin solid lines that vary in opacity with pressure
• Wide Tip Marker - Fat solid lines that vary with pressure
• Eraser - Clean up your work with a finger touch or pressure sensitivity
• Tilted Rendering - Each tool works differently when an Apple Pencil is used flat against the screen.
• Always on-screen & easily available
• 2 banks of pre-defined colors + 6 tints & shades each
• Auto-generation of tints and shades
• Creation of custom color sets
• Hue/Saturation adjustments
• 5 flexible layers
• Easily merge & clear
• Drag & drop to rearrange
• Opacity adjustment
Grids & Templates:
• Traditional grids in lines & dots
• 3D isometric grid
• Hexagonal graph paper
• Storyboards - 16:9
• iOS UI
• iOS Icon design
Backgrounds & Paper Textures:
• Turn paper grain on/off
• Standard paper grain
• Butcher's paper
• Black construction
• Gray Bristol
• Layered Photoshop PSD
• Transparent PNG
• Flattened JPEG
• Save all or just a portion of each drawing
• iOS Share sheet support
• Export to Slack, Dropbox, Airdrop & more
• Presentation Mode when using video out or AirPlay to Apple TV
• Organize drawings in project folders
• Share, rename, move and remove drawings / projects
• Thumbnail previews of drawings save time
• Undo - Two-finger tap to quickly undo
• Redo - Three-finger tap to quickly redo
• Pinch / Zoom with angle and zoom %
• Rotation Compass so you always know which way is up
• Tap Compass to reset rotation angle & zoom %
• Double tap Compass to lock rotation angle & zoom %
What's New in Version 1.0.3
- The eraser's outline (showing the area being erased) is sized correctly when zoomed in or out
- Trying to export part of a document and assign it to a contact no longer crashes
- Emoji are no longer sometimes clipped when used in a project name
- Fixed an occasional pause / skip that could occur while sketching or erasing
FROM VERSION 1.0.2:
Tilt support for the Apple Pencil can now be used with each tool:
- Technical Pencil: A smooth, faded stroke along the edge of hard lead
- Art Pencil: Soft, wide shading that varies with both size settings & pressure
- Pen: Flat nib great for hard edges or calligraphic writing
- Marker: Wide flat stroke perfect for coloring large areas of the screen
- Eraser: Round vs flat oval tip for erasing
Move Sketches from one Project to another:
- Long-press a drawing in the Project view > Move...
- Select multiple drawings in Select mode to move them all at once
New Sketch command:
- Creates a new, blank sketch using current grid & background settings
- Located under the More (...) menu when drawing
Presentation Mode via video out or AirPlay to an Apple TV:
- Displays the current sketch full screen and omits tool palettes, zoom level & rotation
- Turn on AirPlay via Control Center (or connect a display via a Lightning-to-HDMI adapter) then activate Presentation Mode from within a sketch from the More Actions (...) menu
- Hexagonal Grid: Available in multiple sizes in Grids & Templates
- Double-tapping the Eraser icon now offers to clear the active layer
- After closing a sketch or paging to a different one, if you return to it without changing another sketch, you can undo the last few actions
- Improved Apple Pencil tracking on the opacity mini-sliders in the Layers panel
- Improved error message when attempting to rename a project to include a slash
A fantastic drawing app for everyone
Linea is fantastic. I'm only still learning to draw but so far Linea is my favorite way to practice. The thoughtful design and well engineered touches on this app are so pleasing I always look forward to practicing drawing.
Seems like a capable app, but not sure why it's better than some of the other sketch apps out there. Seems like more of the same. The interface is clean, but not significantly better than other sketching interfaces. Needs a portrait mode.
My favorite drawing app
I have tried lots of drawing apps. Linea comes the closest to what I expect. The simplicity of changing colors is a good example. I can do it without getting to distracted from my drawing project.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 02, 2017
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 18.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Iconfactory
- © 2017 The Iconfactory
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation).