Apple TV Remote is a great companion to Apple TV, delivering the best of the Siri Remote. With Apple TV Remote, you’ll never need to put down your iPhone or iPad to enjoy Apple TV. Control Apple TV with a swipe of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly enter text. And you can use the app along with the Siri Remote.
• Navigate Apple TV with touch gestures
• Quickly enter text, email addresses, and passwords using the keyboard
• Ask Siri to find something great to watch, listen to, or play
• Control the movie, TV show, or song that’s currently playing
• View song lyrics, change music tracks, and select movie chapters
• Play games using the accelerometer and gyroscope
• Turn on Game Mode for simplified game controls
• Use volume buttons on your iOS device to control volume
• iOS devices using iOS 9.3.2 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV
• Apple TV (4th generation), using tvOS 9.2.1 or later
• Apple TV (3rd generation), using Apple TV Software 7.2.1
• Apple TV (2nd generation), using Apple TV Software 6.2.1
• Certain Now Playing features, including lyrics, playlists, and chapter, audio, and captions selection for movies and TV shows, require iOS 10.3 or later and tvOS 10.2 or later
• Volume control requires an AV receiver with CEC support
Siri requires Apple TV (4th generation) and availability varies by country and language.
Apple TV Remote has been updated to add support for new screen sizes. You can now autofill saved passwords securely from your iOS devices to access Apple TV apps. And Apple TV Remote will automatically be added to Control Center on your iOS device to access your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation) with just a swipe. This update also includes general performance and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
To the developers at Apple
I have a Bluetooth karaoke machine that I use my music with and I makes some lyrics and saved them to my photos. The thing is, I can’t have the Apple TV showing the lyrics and have the karaoke machine playing the music at the same time. Either I can show the lyrics on the Apple TV and have it as the audio output, or I can use the karaoke machine output the audio. I want the Apple TV to show the lyrics while the Karaoke USA plays the music. And the thing is, is that it worked only 4 hours before. I hope this makes sense to you and, if you can, release a software update to allow this.
Another bug I’ve encountered is when I was using iMovie. I tapped the share button and the icons came up. But I noticed the App Store icon looked like the iOS 10 version. I’m not too sure about the other icons, but the App Store one had the brushes with the circle.
One more thing that I really don’t like is I can’t upgrade my iPad mini 2 to iOS 11.1.1. In fact, it stopped updating at version 9.3.5. It really upsets me. I wanted to use the dock and split screen. My sister’s iPod Touch is also not updating. If you need more info like model or serial number, I’ll be happy to share them. I really hope you can fix this.
Thank you for your time. By the way, the Apple TV remote app is flawless.
Garbage. Great concept, poor application
Add this app to another long, growing list of the crap Apple has been putting out there that is SUPPOSED to make your tech-connected life simpler. The app flat out does not work at all for me. App installed just fine, connects to my Apple TV just fine, they can see each other, but that's it. Nothing happens after they connect.
A few years ago I was dead set against Apple. I chose to take the plunge and replace all tech devices in our home with all Apple products for their seamless integration. Several iPhones, iPads, iPods, a Mac, MacBook, Airport, and Apple TV all found their way into our home and for a few years, everything worked flawlessly together. It was a dream come true. In the past two or three years, Apple has pushed more and more software and firmware updates they they did previously and the newer version stuff that keeps coming out works less and less for that seamless integration. So I thought maybe it was because we had older Apple products that just couldn't effectively run the newer updates, so we got all new stuff again, and again, all Apple stuff. Nope. Still horrible. I would really appreciate it if Apple would stop pitching their products that supposedly can provide a seamless experience when they clearly cannot. Each product by itself is great. I love them all individually. Integration has been lost. Badly.
Great - just needs Siri integration and a widget
This app would be more utilitarian if one could use the regular Siri to "Pause Apple TV," for example. Imagine how convenient that would be for non-complex tasks for which one does not want to necessarily unlock his phone. Similarly, a widget with simplistic FF, pause, RW, and maybe even a Apple TV-specific Siri button would add loads of integration into an app already built to handle such tasks. Not to mention, the Siri integration would be a selling point for Apple Watches since it would automatically benefit from this added integral feature. Some easy mods to the existing Siri to check for the phrase "... Apple TV" and a quick widget hack would be all that is necessary to accomplish such a task, and it would further unite the eco-system functionality upon which we have all become so dependent. It's not great when a "Pause Apple TV" request to Siri returns a, "Sorry, I can only do that when you're listing to a song or podcast" response. Are you listening Apple?
- Apple Inc.
- 14.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016-2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.