fonofone, sound creation & live performance
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Simple, intuitive, playful, powerful and innovator… We present to you fonofone, an application for musical creation education developed for the school environment by renowned composers and pedagogues. Adaptable to any grade from preschool to high school, fonofone allows a global path through the basic techniques of composition, from generating sounds to constructing the layout of a collective project and its interpretation.
Ideal at school, fonofone will also satisfy the creative thirst of any individual user in search of original and innovative tools to be used as much for developing new sound materials than for live performance. Fonofone appeals to all creatives desiring to go off the beaten tracks.
- 114 diversified sounds
Start out with our 29 free sounds and unlock 85 more with the full version of fonofone.
- A BLANK PAGE
Chose sounds among the ones available, or use your own recordings directly in the app or the ones you have imported. Place the necessary tools for your creative needs on the blank workspaces available to you. You are now ready!
- EXPLORE AND TRANSFORM INDEFINITELY
With one or many fingers, transpose, stretch, fragment, reverse, filter your sounds to the limit of your creative imaginary.
- RECORD THE NEW SOUND
A buffer-memory of 20 seconds allows you to record all your gestures in real time. Name this new sound and reinsert it into your session to continue transforming it. You can also export it towards more applications with AudioCopy™ . (Full version only)
SAVE YOUR SESSION
Create as many sessions as you want all at once and jump from one to the other without any sound interruption.
- A POWERFUL INSTRUMENT FOR LIVE PERFORMANCE
Integrate fonofone to your band to add an electroacoustic touch to your live performance.
Fonofone is a production of COSIMU, a non-profit based in Montreal,Canada. Our mission is to develop the youth’s sense of wonder, curiosity and imaginary, by conceiving innovative approaches as well as intuitive and innovative tools for creation. The application was designed by the composer and pedagogue Yves Daoust, in collaboration with the digital instrument-maker and artist Alexandre Burton.
We would love to know what you think of fonofone. Share your comments or simply say hi via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or to email@example.com.
* Fonofone is supported partially on iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad Mini and iPhone 4s. Certain functionalities have been removed to insure the app’s efficiency.
What's New in Version 1.0.3
- Addition of a mixer (Full version)
- AudioCopy Compatibility (Full version)
- Correction of a bug stoping the importation of stereo sounds.
- Option of renaming in-app recordings or imported by user
- Moving the fragment on sound wave by touch.
- Arpegiator : addition of 5 and 7 step configurations
- Components’ settings left unchanged when selecting a new sound
- Possibility to enter metronomic value on the keyboard
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 21, 2017
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 110 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Cosimu
- © 2017 COSIMU
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Fonofone full version$3.99