Google Expeditions is an immersive learning and teaching tool that lets you go on VR trips or
explore AR objects. Explore historical landmarks, go down to the atomic level, get up close
with sharks, even visit outer space!
In the classroom or with groups, Google Expeditions allows a teacher acting as a “guide” to
lead classroom-sized groups of “explorers” through VR tours or show them AR objects. Guides
can use a set of tools to point out interesting things along the way.\n
Users that are not in groups can also explore on their own either in VR or AR.\n
• Explore a world of places and things on your own with your phone, tablet, or VR device.
• Guide classroom-sized groups of locally connected users from your phone or tablet.
• Join a guide in immersive AR or VR and let them walk you through one of our hundreds of VR or AR Expeditions. VR mode can be used with a Google Cardboard or Daydream viewer.
• Connect devices over the same WiFi network - if the Guide has downloaded some Expeditions, there is no internet connectivity required to run the Expedition!
• Choose from a growing list of over 800 Expeditions - each one is a curated set of VR imagery or AR objects along with integrated descriptions, talking points and questions.
By using this app you agree to be bound by our Google Terms of Service (Google ToS,
(http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/), and the additional terms below. This app is
a Service as defined in the Google ToS and the terms regarding software in our Services apply
to your use of this app.
Do not use this app while driving, walking, or otherwise by being distracted or disoriented
from real world situations that prevent you from obeying traffic or safety laws.
Fixed UX bugs
Fixed Audio with Ambient Sounds
Ratings and Reviews
I love this idea, but...
I love the idea of using this in the classroom, however the guide feature is lacking. Most school WiFis are not all that great. Not to mention, they probably aren’t configured right to allow the connection (as is the case with our school). I wish this app had a coded entry like when using Kahoot in class. It would make it so much easier plus multiple people on the same WiFi could lead their own virtual field trips without issue
I’m rating it now
Even tho I’ve just downloaded it. My 93-year-old father recently lost his bride of 70 years, my mother. I am going to download this app and take him on a wonderful trip maybe to Paris sitting down of course. Stay tuned.
I’m in love
This takes a few moments to load first time but OMG! It allows one 360 views of so many things I would never get to see if not for this. So far I’ve been on the holiday tour of the White House and to The Great Wall of China today. Bravo.
- Google LLC
- 170.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Google Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.