Shortcut Bar is an incredibly handy app that connects you to the files, folders, apps, web bookmarks, text snippets and color swatches that you need lightning fast access to.
The app lives in your menubar and allows you to add in an unlimited number of shortcuts. Whenever you require access to these important shortcuts, simply click on the menubar icon and select the item from the dropdown list.
We believe that within just a few days of use, you'll be totally hooked and wonder how you ever lived without Shortcut Bar. The app will save you time and speed up your workflow.
- Add as many files, folders, web links, apps, text snippets and color swatches that you would like instant access to
- Sort files and folders into Groups with headings, making it easier to find the shortcut you’re looking for
- Expand and collapse Groups to keep your shortcuts organized and tidy
- Folders and files are presented with their respective icon
- Choose whether clicking on a shortcut opens it in Finder or opens the item itself
- Expand and navigate within folders
- Choose whether the app starts at login or not
- Supports macOS Dark Mode
- Ultra quick access to any file/folder/website/app/color swatch/text snippet that you desire
- No more shuffling through directories on Finder to locate exactly what you’re looking for and use regularly
- Save time and improve productivity
We've worked hard to make Shortcut Bar an amazing experience for our users. We would love to hear your thoughts via email and make any improvements to future versions of this app. We intend to have an active development cycle powered by your feedback and support!
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
A great time-saver!
Get instant access to your most-used files & folders. I got so tired of going to the finder and manually navigating to folders I frequently use. Now I can access them quickly and easily with a click on the menu bar, plus a click on the needed folder. The real kicker: while hovering over the chosen folder, all sub-folders show up, so I can drill down as far as I need to. My only complaint: the Shortcut Bar icon is great; but on the menu bar it’s just a plain old star outline. I’d rather see the colorful icon! Thank you for a very helpful and useful app!
Beats using the Toolbar
I have used the Shorcut Bar for sometime and it works flawlessly. It is easy to edit and allows multiple categories for organizing my icons. A single click either opens a file or executes a program. If I place a folder in it, hovering over it displays its contents which allows me to click on any one of its contents. It is one of the best investments I have made for quickly accessing those files and programs I use on a daily basis.
It does work, but I almost don't see the point.
You can definitely access your list of favorite files and folders easily. But what is the point of all of this, if you cannot add to the favorite list easily? Right now, it requires a clunky step where you have to click on the menu icon > right click > select manage shortcut > click button > add your stuff. Do you see how many steps ther are in that? Why doesn't it just let you drag and drop items into the menu bar???
Am I missing the point of this app?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.