Enter the Comix Zone, in SEGA's classic arcade-style beat 'em up, now available on mobile for the first time. Play free and prepare for the first truly interactive comic book ever!
You are Sketch Turner, a street-wise comic book artist trapped in a comic book world of your own creation. Journey into this post-punk nightmare world. See your enemies drawn before you and defeat them. Battle the Mutant Queen. Survive the Dead Ship and Lava Mines. Then defeat the super-villain, Mortus, to escape.
Comix Zone joins the SEGA Forever Classic Games Collection, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- Battle panel by panel through full hand-drawn comic book pages
- All the action and adventure of your favorite comics!
- Unleash superhero power-ups and tons of intense fighting moves
- Wield knives, hand grenades, dynamite, and paper planes*
- Search out hidden items with your pet rat, Roadkill
- Sharpen your fighting skills to defeat mutant enemies drawn by Mortus, public enemy No.1
SEGA FOREVER FEATURES
- PLAY FREE
- SAVE YOUR GAME PROGRESS AT ANYTIME
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT: HID compatible controllers
- OFFLINE PLAY
- GAMES RELEASED EVERY MONTH - download them all!
- INCLUDES iOS 10 STICKER PACKS
- "Comix Zone oozes style, looks fantastic and plays brilliantly." [92%] - Mark Patterson, Computer & Video Games #167 (October 1995)
- "A new concept that really delivers. Just imagine taking your favourite comic and controlling the action." [91%] - Nick Protz, Sonic the Comic #60 (15 September 1995)
- "This is a game that deserves to win over the most jaded beat 'em up practitioners." [89%] - Marcus Hearn, Mean Machines SEGA #36 (October 1995)
- "Once again SEGA come up trumps with an original title guaranteed to give gamers many sleepless nights." [83%] - Mat Yeo, SEGA Pro #50 (October 1995)
- "A twinkling star in the vacuous space of platform / beat 'em ups." [81%] - Dean Mortlock, SEGA Power #72 (November 1995)
- "One of the best-looking games, indeed, ever to grace the Mega Drive." [79%] - Mr Biffo, Digitiser (7th October, 1995)
COMIX ZONE TRIVIA
- Press and hold the punch button to tear off a piece of the comic book, make a paper plane, and throw it at enemies
- Make Sketch pass gas by repeatedly pressing down on the D-Pad in certain areas
- Comix Zone features a happy and sad ending depending on how you defeat the final boss
- SEGA held patent US 6010405 for the game systems innovative simulation of a comic book
COMIX ZONE HISTORY
First released August 1996 on the SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis system
Developed by: SEGA Technical Institute
Designer: Peter Morawiec
Lead Programmer: Adrian Stephens
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information).
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Comix Zone, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and Reviews
YES! One of my favorite Sega games!
This is my favorite game on Sega Genesis! I still have the original cartridge, and it still works, but I haven't played it in a while. So when I'm not playing this on my real Sega, I can go in my phone and play it! I never got to turn into the super hero either, but maybe I can try to this time lol
Can’t get this game to work
So basically when I start of the game it shows the Comix Zone so I press start and then well nothing happens so I basically tried is one other Sega games to they didn’t work either like Camille o so basically when I start up the game it shows the Comix Zone so I press start and then well nothing happens so I basically tried is one other Sega games to they didn’t work either like kid Chamaeleon can you please fix this in the future update
One of the best sega games there is!
I purchased the non ad version in hopes that I could actually sign into the Game Center to save my progress.. No such luck. How do you release a game like this and not have a way to save? You’d get an easy five star rating if this wasn’t the case. $1.99 wasted.
- Sega America
- 144 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo and are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.