"It’s the perfect sort of game for mobile devices and there’s so much to do here [...]" -
5/5 - Toucharcade
Game Dev Tycoon is a casual business simulation game where your success depends on your creativity and willingness to experiment. The game does *not* contain any in-app purchases or ads. Slip into the role of a game developer: start your own company, design your own games and make your way to the top to become a Game Dev Tycoon.
- Start your own game development company in the 80s
- Replay gaming history
- Design and create your own games
- Hold your breath and wait for reviews to come in
- Research new technologies
- Hire and manage a world-leading development team
- Become the leader of the market
- Gain worldwide fans
Game Dev Tycoon for iPhone and iPad introduces:
- An updated story line
- New topics to enable even more varied games
- A challenging (but optional) ‘pirate mode’
- Built-in screen recording and streaming support
Game Dev Tycoon does not require an internet connection so go ahead and build your gaming empire in Airplane Mode.
Thank you for playing!
- Fixed game report popup notifications
Ratings and Reviews
AWESOME but plz add more things!!!!!!
Alright, first off. It's an Awesome game!!!! I now have more respect for game creators and daaannnnngggg competition is tough. I think that's how you say it right? XD anyway you should add employee personalities because it's kinda boring and what's the point of firing them? Besides to get a better employee. An example of it would be like an employee is a "bully" and yelling others and things like that. It makes a whole new purpose in firing them which makes you pay attention to your employees more. 2- You should add character/ CPU interactions just to make it real ish. It would be cool if u did add it :D. 3- at the end of the game, why don't you make up more consoles? Your able to progress more and be able to generate ideas to new gamers and inventors and maybe invent a similar model and console like that. If you keep doing that, you could evolve the company to the office place in a 3/4 floor buildings and move the research lab thing and the console builder below it and more floors of your company above it. 4- speaking of research lab, you should add more research topics because after the grid and MMO, it's basically conventions and more conventions. 5- speaking of conventions you should get something for being top in the 3G , or G3 idk. I know it's still an early game (I think) and your maybe adding more things. So these are the things I suggest you to add :D Thx!!! Ps. The Game Is AMAZING!!!!
Great with some frustration
I bought on Mac as well so I’m well versed in it and replaying it again I have similar frustrations which are: 1) time goes really fast. By the time you finish a game and start developing one for a new platform it seems like another platform comes out and that one is out of date. 2). Topics which bear no relation to gaming. Why can’t they be more real things so you know what should be done. Is level design important in a hospital game? No idea until you get a 2 star score and wasted 11 months. 3). Need to rename games. How many Game #XX do I have to have lol. 4). Replayability. Yes I’m playing again but it’s not really something you play for a long time over and over. You know Dreamcast is gonna come out and its going to bomb. You know pretty much what will happen. 5). The research lab doesn’t produce research points? 6). Timeline gets way off - xbox 0ne is released yet no one knows multiplayer? But still - great game.
Excellent and Addictive game
I originally played the PC version and became hooked! I played through it three times and found each one enjoyable. When I heard this one was out in mobile form, I had to give it a try. I have played Game Dev Story as well, and while that game is fun for a bit, it felt much more formulaic then Game Dev Tycoon, which I believe was released first. The redesign to mobile that the developers did plays well in my iPhone 6S. I can tell that thought was given to how it would look and feel as opposed to being rushed. The other part about this game that I love is Greenheart Games stance against “Pay to Play” or “In-App” purchases. When you buy it, you get the whole thing and are never pestered with advertising or nudged to buy anything additional in the game. It’s not the most profitable model of game anymore, but it makes the overall experience so much more enjoyable in my opinion. It’s an all around great game and worth the money.
- Greenheart Games Pty. Ltd.
- 182.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- 2012-2017 © Greenheart Games Pty. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.