The ultimate companion app to the new Fender® Mustang™ GT and Rumble™ Stage and Studio amplifiers, the Fender Tone app uses your iPhone to connect to your amp, so you can edit, share or send presets to your amp wirelessly over Bluetooth®.
*** THIS APP REQUIRES A FENDER® MUSTANG™ GT OR RUMBLE™ AMP ***
MANAGE PRESETS ON YOUR MUSTANG GT AMP OR RUMBLE AMP
• Scroll through up to 200 presets.
• Make changes.
• Play it real-time through your connected Mustang™ GT or Rumble™ amp.
EASY EDITING WITH THE TONE APP
• More than 60 amp models and effects to choose from.
• Endless sound options for Mustang™ GT or Rumble™ amps.
• Intuitive interface & responsive design for easy modification.
• Search, browse and download over 10,000+ presets from the Tone community.
• Discover presets by well-known artists & players created exclusively for Fender Tone.
• Create your own custom tone and share your presets with others.
• Tips and info about amp models, effects details, and signal chain basics.
• Clear, illustrated walkthroughs and everything you need to begin your tone quest.
This update includes general stability improvements and minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Modern Age Amplifier
What a difference to be able to have built-in presets that change your Rumble 800 Stage bass amplifier to match the most popular amplifiers of all time in history. It like have a bunch of different bass amplifiers in your studio and switching from one to another on the fly with the turn if a knob. Then on top of that having the ability of creating your own sound that you created yourself. Forgot all those pedals you used to carry around and use the amp to build your own pedals that are like the classics of the past. Included is a multi function 4 button floor pedal that does looping and effects that you program yourself. Plain and short now you have a modern Bass Amplifier that can do pretty much anything.
Game-changer in the modeling amp space!
Decent amp but the companion Tone App makes it fantastic and a compelling force on the modeling amp landscape. I own the Mustang III v2 yet couldn’t resist the additional purchase of the new GT 100.
After a couple years of perfecting Fender Fuse and still struggling to embrace it, The Tone App blows fuse out of the water and makes this whole tone control, tone presets and amp modeling thing fun again! Sorry Fender but yes, the Mustang III, V2 does have a slightly better sound and I wish GT was equal but it sounds good enough and with a little manipulation with tones using this amazing and easy to use app you can find your sound!
My only requests so far for future release...
1. Preset back up in a cloud!
2. A quicker way while in a preset to save it directly to a saved “Playlist” (or several) vs saving the preset and having to go all the way back to a Playlist, finding the new tone and then adding it.
3. Adding Wah pedal functionality using the app vs going over to the amp
Outstanding job Fender App team, keep up the good work and don’t abandon this like they did Fuse and can’t wait for future updates!!!
Set list syncing problem
In theory, the Fender Tone app should be a welcome companion to the GT series. However, the implementation is fatally flawed.
When adding pre-sets to a “favorites“ Setlist, certain presets were renamed and re-numbered. For example, I attempted to add “Basic Vibrato” # 24. The app somehow decided to add “School’s Out” # 45“. When I tried to delete “schools out“ from my favorites, it warmed me that I was going to delete Basic Vibrato. Clearly there is something going on with the sorting in the database, and this phenomenon is not limited to the example above. Somehow the preset list has been corrupted… Not sure if this is app related or application related, but it renders the app (and the usability of the amp) virtually useless to me. I do hope the developers fix this soon. This combo of amp and app has so much promise.
- Fender Digital, LLC
- 122.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.