Weather Atlas is your window into current weather conditions. See layers of weather info right on the map, with forecast data available at a glance. The list lets you quickly check the weather in all your favorite locations.
All the weather info you need:
• Hourly and 10-day forecast
• Weather map with radar, clouds, and lots more
• Beautiful, easy to understand icons for all weather conditions
• Notification Center widgets to quickly check the weather
Weather Atlas doesn’t overload you with info or waste space. It shows you everything you want to know and gets out of the way, so you will be prepared, whatever the weather.
Designed to be simple, powerful, and beautiful:
• See current conditions in all saved locations at once
• Switch locations in two taps
• Share the forecast and map easily
• Choose icon styles that make the app your own
Weather Atlas is designed for use in the United States.
Information about Weather Atlas Pro subscriptions:
- Monthly and Yearly subscriptions are available.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. Automatic renewals will cost the same price you were originally charged for the subscription.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
- Fixed multiple crashing bugs
- Improved reliability of the Today widgets
- Map pins are now tappable when the app is first launched
- The latest weather map data is now loaded every time the app is launched or resumed (a bug was causing cached data to be displayed in some cases)
- Improved subscription handling to prevent the app from reverting to the free mode when there is a delay in processing a subscription renewal
- The last row of weather icons can now be selected on a 4.5-inch screen
- Additional bug fixes and enhancements
While this was a relatively small update with no new features, we wanted to fix some bugs and improve the app while we continue working behind the scenes on some really exciting changes and new features for the app. Stay tuned!
If you like Weather Atlas, please take a moment to leave a review, it really helps! (And please update your review if you’ve already left one) Send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://help.contrast.co for help.
Ratings and Reviews
This may replace my 3 weather apps
I have 3 weather apps I use regularly. This one has the radar I use, the 10 day forecast I like, and hourly forecasts that helps keep me up to date. Also you can see storms coming. I love the map perspective (whole country and then zoom) and the ability to customize it (satellite or map and opacity of rain layer etc).
I'll just have to see how accurate it is compared to what I'm currently using (update later).
The pro version without adds, link is now working unlike earlier reviews.
UPDATE: I've used the app since day 1 at the end of August.
The forecasts and radar have been very accurate- I've compared it to the other apps I've used and the actual weather after seeing the earlier forecast.
I also really liked using the Hurricane tracking layer (pro version) it was clear and easy to follow and lined up with what I saw when I turned on the news. I have friends in Florida and was able to share hurricane tracking screen shots with them that they appreciated.
This app now has a spot on my home screen and will be used daily. I'm also looking forward to updates and improvements from the developer.
I would like:
1. wind speeds listed in the forecasts.
2. the forecasts overlay (bottom) and the forecast bubble over each city to disappear from map when I tap the map (like google maps).
3. to be able to chose my weather data source.
4. weather alerts.
On its way to being the best weather app available!
I have paid subscriptions to the top three weather apps, yet I prefer the simplicity of Weather Atlas. The developer of this app has obviously noticed the need for a great weather app that does only that. No videos, no pictures, no weather commentary, no references to anything except just the weather... done right.
I do hope they will soon incorporate a "Future Radar" feature. Current and future radar are all that matter in a weather app...no one cares about where the rain was an hour ago. The developer says that as soon as this feature is available from their information provider, they will add it to Weather Atlas. That’s all anyone can ask for.
Impressively, Weather Atlas opens and immediately shows the two most important things to me, the local map at the top and the hourly forecast at the bottom. And from there it's only one tap to any other place you want to go.
Also, even in the ad-supported version, Weather Atlas doesn't make you scroll through a bunch of weather-related pictures and videos to finally see the radar and other components (like The Weather Channel does, even for their paid subscription).
Great start to what I think will evolve into a really great weather app.
1. Future radar isn’t currently available from our weather data provider, but we’ll add it to Weather Atlas the moment it becomes available. 2. We’ll look into the weather icon issue, we may have accidentally swapped a couple of the icons. 3. In the 1.0.5 version of the app that was released last night, the app now remembers exactly where you left off even if you haven’t used the app in a couple days. Let us know (email@example.com) if that’s not working as expected once you update.
Purchased for iPad Pro 10.5. I own several weather apps so was tempted by this one. A few things that need polishing IMO:
1. Zooming/moving screen causes the stream to completely refresh each time. Not so bad normally, however the refresh takes an unusually long time.
2. The panel at the bottom really has to have an option to hide. Feels intrusive. Really noticalbe on iPhone 6S Plus. I realize it was designed with the iPhone 8 in mind, however a hide option would solve this issue.
3. Would really like to have the ability to see dew point. In hot/humid climates, this along with the heat index is really useful.
4. For some unknown reason, after having it installed for a few hours, the iPad version started crashing. Not sure about the iPhone version as I use the iPad version the most.
Fix these issues and I'll change my rating to five stars.
Update: Latest version has provided some improvement. Developer's response to my concerns indicates they're serious at this point. Raised rating to four stars.
1. We’ve been working with our weather data provider to increase their data speeds, which should help make the map animations more fluid (unless you’re on a slow internet connection).
2. We experimented with hiding the card completely, but it just doesn’t give that much more room on the map compared to the hassle of tapping yet another button just to get out of full screen mode. We’ll keep experimenting with ways to hide the forecast data while viewing the map.
3. We plan on adding more ”current conditions” data to the app over time, which would include the dew point.
4. Sorry about all those crashes, we just released an update that should address all the major issues, and we'll keep working to make the app more stable as we add new features in the coming weeks and months.
Annual Pro Subscription
Unlock special features & block ads.
Monthly Pro Subscription
Unlock special features & block ads.
- Contrast Apps LLC
- 84.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Contrast
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Pro Subscription $0.49
- Annual Pro Subscription $4.99
- Annual Pro Subscription $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.