Intermountain Histories is a free app that provides scholarly information and interpretive stories of historic sites and events around the Intermountain West regions of Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico. Discover the histories of the region’s peoples, places, institutions, events, cultures, and more. Using an interactive GPS-enabled map, you can take virtual or physical walking tours of historic sites. As your personal tour guide, Intermountain Histories provides historical information, photographs and images, documentary videos, audio interviews, oral histories, bibliographic citations, and other resources as you explore.
Hosted and managed by the Charles Redd Center for Western Studies at Brigham Young University, the collaborative project features carefully researched histories developed by students and professors from institutions around the Intermountain West. A full web-based version of the app is available at http://www.intermountainhistories.org.
New pins will be dropped on the map continually as collaborators conduct new research, so check back often. Follow the project on Facebook and Twitter (@InterMtnHistory) for notices of updated content. Questions and comments can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Managed and hosted by the Charles Redd Center for Western Studies at Brigham Young University
Powered by Curatescape (curatescape.org)
Welcome to Intermountain Histories 2.0!
- New and improved user interface
- Native 3D-enabled maps (try a two finger swipe for a cool 3D view)
- Offline functionality (text-only)
- New Discover page highlights featured and nearby content
- Stories page now shows recent additions by default, with filters for nearby and featured
- Search for stories, tours, and files
- Plus lots of technical improvements
*2.0.1 includes minor fixes and layout improvements for iPad
Ratings and Reviews
- Cleveland State University Research Corporation
- 51.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Charles Redd Center for Western Studies at Brigham Young University
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.