Gig is easy one-way car sharing for the Bay Area and Sacramento. $0 to sign up in 5 minutes. Find a nearby car, unlock with your phone, get in, and go! Drive eco-friendly hybrids in the Bay Area and fossil-fuel-free electrics in Sacramento.
Round trips are square. Pick up a car in one location and drop it off just about anywhere in our service area, *HomeZone*. No need to feed the meter!
Gig is wheels for whatever, whenever.
• $0 membership fee – only pay for what you use.
• Free parking: no need to feed the meter in the HomeZone*.
• One-way trips–take a Gig from one place and drop it off in another.
• Instant–no reservation needed, return whenever you want.
• No surge pricing. No extra charges based on the driver’s age.
• All Inclusive–fuel, insurance**, and roadside assistance included.
• Drive yourself and save–you’re in control of the road, route and radio.
• Bring your bike – every Gig is equipped with a bike rack.
• Share the love - when you refer a friend you both get driving credits.
Get in. Go!
For more info, visit gigcarshare.com
*Limited to approved parking spaces.
**Insurance coverage is subject to certain restrictions and limits, and may not apply or be adequate in all circumstances. See Member Agreement for more information. Promo Codes: Limited time offer. Limit one per person; only valid for first time users while supplies last. Credits must be used by the expiration date in the app. Cannot be redeemed for cash.
Certain restrictions apply; please visit gigcarshare.com for more information.
Performance updates for an even better Gig experience
Ratings and Reviews
Love it. A few changes suggested.
I loved how easy it was to get a car and I hope this service succeeds and evebtually moved to where I live on the East Coast. I have a couple of small suggestions and one big one.
1. Allow a reservation to be cancelled even after the car is unlocked. We inspected one vehicle on the outside but after unlocking the car, we were overwhelmed by the smell of tobacco. We immediately cancelled the ride but were charged $2.50 which was the minimum charge ... (we drive no distance).
2. Separate the "End Reservation" and "Park and Come Back later" buttons. Each time we locked the car, we were prompted to either keep the reservation going or end the reservation. It is WAY too eay to ebd the eservation by accident. This mistake can end up costing extra since longer rentals will often hot the CAP. If I have to start a new reservation, I can theoretically end up paying the CAP twice.
3. Allow customers to unlock and start a car offline USING THEIR PHONE ONLY. While a card is issued to do his, we used the service the day after registering and did'nt yet have our card. We parked in an area with poor/no cell service and could not start the car. In the end, GIG sent a tow truck (at no charge to us, thank you) to tow us back into range of a cell signal (30 minute drive). This was great service but a terrible incovenvience.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback and suggestions. We love hearing from Members on how we can improve Gig and take all suggestions into serious consideration. That said, we are working on fixes for some of the issues you brought up so stay tuned :) Thanks again and we're glad that you enjoyed using Gig!
Rough first ride
Have this service a chance today. Found app easy to use at first. Drove for about an hour then had one of my rear tires go flat! Called customer support and I spoke to a real person right away which was appreciated. They were helpful and sent AAA to change the tire. Took about 1/2 hour and I was on my way again. Pulled over and shut off engine. When I tried to start up car again the car stopped responding to my phone commands and would not start. Had to wait 1/2 hour for the car to be rebooted. I was finally able to get the car started and drove to the parking area and ended my trip. Had lots of things go wrong on my first ride. Maybe the tires need to be better maintained and maybe they are still working out some of the computer glitches with their cars. On a positive note, i found the customer support to be very responsive and helpful. They where nice and I felt like they did the best they could to remedy the situation. Based on that alone I may give the app another chance. I would give them 5 stars if I could.
Developer Response ,
Wow, was a series of unfortunate events. I'm so glad you had a good experience with our Member Support Team and I'm so sorry you had so many hiccups and glitches with our service. We're constantly working to improve all aspects of the Gig experience and we'll take this into consideration when planning our product roadmap.
App is usually great but not during promos
The gig car service itself is great and has totally replaced us buying a car. The problem of phantom cars and cars that don’t lock or unlock has also gone down over time.
My current annoyance is when they run a promotion like right now. The gohrram promotion screen comes up EVERYTIME you open the app regardless of whether you’ve seen it once or a million times. And gosh forbid if you click on the highlighted button rather than the close box as it’ll take you to safari where the promo screen slow loads.
This has happened about ten times over the last ten rentals. I don’t want them to end the promos but I do want them to have the app remember if you’ve already seen it.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the update. I'll look over our promotional messaging personal and see if I can correct this. Thanks so much!
- A3 Mobility LLC
- 129.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 A3 Mobility LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.