Habitz is a fun-to-use app that empowers kids to develop healthy habits and stick with them for life!
Kids can be picky eaters, junk food lovers, spend too much time online, sleep-in too late, and not help with chores. With Habitz, your child can reduce or eliminate all of these behaviors with positive reinforcement!
Habitz uses the knowledge, research and methods of leading pediatric dietitians, sports coaches and behavioral psychologists to provide parents with a critical tool to help their children lead healthier lives. Help your kids learn healthy habits today with Habitz!
HOW HABITZ WORKS:
- Parents select from pre-set healthy goals for their kids
- Parents can also set fun and personalized goals to make healthy choices & get rewarded for hitting those goals.
- Kids complete and track their goals within the app.
- Kids interact with Viki (our automated health and lifestyle coach) via fun and educational stories.
- They will learn why the choices they’re asked to make are smart and healthy.
- Kids will then earn rewards as they complete their goals, encouraging them to continue making the right choices on a daily basis.
- Rewards are selected by kids from our curated Habitz Store, and then approved and paid for by parents.
- Parents can also designate non-monetary rewards to be given to their kids after achieving a goal.
HABITZ FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
Help Kids Develop Healthy Habits
- With Habitz, you set your child’s goals for making healthier choices.
- Learn healthy habits from Viki, the automated lifestyle coach.
- Kids will be learning how to live healthier by having fun!
- Studies show that kids who develop healthy habits early are less likely to develop health and behavioral problems later in life.
7 Minute Workouts
- Kids choose from a dynamic set of fun and animated workout coaches (pirate, zombie, etc.)
- Workouts were developed by a professional pediatric physical education expert
- Workouts are constantly changing to keep kids engaged
Fun and Engaging Educational Content
- Stories and videos produced specifically for kids which explain to them why the choices they’re being asked to make are the healthy ones (examples: why drinking soda is unhealthy, the importance of getting enough sleep, and many more)
Reward Your Kids
- Studies show that rewarded habits become long-term habits.
- As kids complete their goals, they earn Coinz that can be traded in for kid-friendly rewards.
- Earn fun rewards like a sleepover or a toy from Amazon!
Habitz Partners with PTAs and Private Schools
- Habitz shares a portion of affiliate revenue from parent purchased rewards with PTAs and private schools who register with us.
- Parents enter in their PTA or school code (private schools must register with us to be assigned a unique code) in the app during signup (or any time after).
If you’ve ever struggled to get your child to make healthy choices, Habitz is the life-changing app you’ve been waiting for. Help your child make good choices that will help them as they become teenagers and eventually adults! Your child will carry the healthy habits they learn from Habitz throughout their entire lives!
Download Habitz for free and start making healthy decisions today!
MADE BY PARENTS & KIDS
- Added new educational content
- Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Really Cool, but...
I think the app itself is a neat idea to implement both healthy lifestyle and reasons for a healthy lifestyle. As for the “customization” option, it’s a great way to add a chore mix to their healthy lifestyle routine.
However, this app does need a few changes:
1. Have an Edit or Delete option to the list. The “Edit” part of the request, would be able to MOVE listings around so certain lists like “Brush Your Teeth” isn’t in the middle and “Wake Up On Time” isn’t at the end for kids to select; Select as you go, basically.
2. For the Customization part, why not add custom clip art to select from instead of the default “check list” clip art. Like a clip art of “🚫” for Foods/Drinks to avoid. The “Avoid junk food” is a bit too generalized and isn’t clarified. Having the customization could help parents specify what their kids should actually avoid, as an example for clip art title option.
3. For some reason, when my daughter activated her account and after the tutorial part of the app, it had selected a listing that she did not fulfill. Basically saying she completed it when she just started. Please have an option to unselect the listing.
Thank you for creating such a neat and inspirational idea for both parents and kids. Please continue to work on this app, wouldn’t mind paying for this app if these ideas or more were active on it.
Downloaded app. Can’t get past the first screen. It doesn’t do anything when I click on Parent Registration or Child Registration.
After a week of using this app one day just didn’t work. No an any iPad no even in my iPhone. Buuu.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.