**From the creators of Endless Alphabet and the other award-winning, teacher-approved Endless early learning apps.
MathTango is a groundbreaking app that makes learning addition and subtraction truly fun for kids aged 6-9 (Grades 1-3)!
Kids will learn more and learn faster with a unique, classroom-tested combination of math puzzles (incorporating modern techniques that make math easier and more intuitive) and classic “world-building” activities found in games.
Kids will progress through dozens of math lessons as they earn monsters, complete missions, build out their own unique island, and discover even more fun and surprises along the way. While they’re having great fun, you’ll know they’re learning!
Some additional details on the app:
- MathTango is a free-to-try app with two in-app purchase options to unlock Beginner or Beginner/Advanced levels in the app.
- Kids will play 200+ addition and subtraction puzzles covering 20+ math levels and reviews, followed by a free play mode with more math puzzles for lesson reinforcement and advanced play.
- Example math lessons include: adding single digit numbers; adding doubles; adding near doubles; making 10 to add 9; adding 10’s; and various subtraction lessons too.
- Gameplay is structured around 24 missions that must be completed to earn 25 delightfully unique monsters, and 50+ mercantile items that create fun for the monsters on the island.
- Player hints and tips make each math lesson very clear to understand.
- MathTango is a completely original app conceived, developed, and tested by a passionate team of 5 parents at Originator.
This update fixes an issue where game progress is not saved for some players.
Ratings and Reviews
Fun-filled way to learn math.
Wonderful. Wonderful. But darn it.
My six-year-old daughter loves this game 100%. Unfortunately we have run into a snag. She has made it to mission 18 and one of the objectives is to put Emilie in the outhouse. I can’t seem to pick Emelie up. I can pick every other monster up, but I cannot pick Emelie up. She is on the ledge above where my daughter placed the out house, right next to the dance floor. I can double tap her and get a close-up. And even tap her and show her name. But when I longhold on the character I cannot pick her up. She even completed additional math puzzles to get a dance party and after the scene we still could not pick Emelie up. Is this just a me glitch and will I have to restart the game or have others experienced this also. I don’t mind the price tag on the game but I do expect a fully working game.
We believe we've addressed your issue through our customer support desk (email@example.com). We are looking into this issue, but a simple restart of the app (or device) will correct the issue for you. If you're still having an issue, please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're happy to help!
Daughter loves it; wish we could repeat early levels
My almost-6yo really enjoys this game. She loves the monsters, loves the puzzles, loves customizing the island. There are a couple of issues we have, though:
- Because numbers are frequently centered instead of right justified, she's having a really hard time with tens and ones places. She'll frequently try to add the tens from one block to the ones from another, and then she gets frustrated.
- She breezed through early levels, but needs to reinforce those skills so she can apply them to the two-digit numbers. I haven't found any kind of setting that would allow her to repeat lessons.
- She gets really stressed out when the monsters get sick. So then when we're trying to work through challenging problems, and she can see their health dwindling, she's too focused on feeling like she's killing her monsters and can't direct her focus to the equations.
I wonder if there are settings I'm missing that would allow us to address these issues?
Just want to reiterate that we both love the app! These are just some things that could improve the experience in our case.
Thank you for the excellent feedback. The "Info for Parents" page in the app does allow you to limit puzzle play to Math Levels 1-8. This can be helpful when a child needs more practice on the beginner puzzles. You can get to this page by zooming out all the way when on the island view and tapping on the "i" icon on the right side of the screen.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Originator Inc.
- 444.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Originator Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Complete Pack $11.99
- Beginner Pack $6.99
- Upgrade Pack $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.