Drafts, where text starts. Quickly capture text and send it almost anywhere!
One of TIME Magazine's Best Apps of 2018!
MacStories "Best App Updates of 2018" selection!
Drafts lets you turn text into action – it’s a quick notebook, handy editor, and writing automation tool, all in one. Instead of tapping around other apps, capture in Drafts first. Open it and write right away, then do something useful with your words.
## HOW DRAFTS WORKS ##
Drafts opens to a new page with the keyboard ready so you can type immediately. Go hands-free with Dictation, or ask Siri to "Create a note using Drafts".
Drafts lets you get things down before you forget – no choosing document templates or waiting for your file to download.
USE YOUR WORDS:
Drafts is a launching-off point for text – use the actions to copy it, share it, or deep link into other apps and services. Compose a tweet or message, create a file in Dropbox, send a task off to Reminders – there are hooks into tons of your favorite apps.
REMEMBER IT NOW – OR LATER:
New entries go into the Inbox. Once there, you can Tag them for organization, Flag them for importance, or Archive them for long-term storage.
TAKE TEXT TO A NEW LEVEL:
Set up a text editing experience that’s perfect for you, with tons of interface adjustments like custom fonts and control over spacing, line height, and margins.
Use the customizable extended row above the keyboard to quickly convert, manipulate, and transform your writing. Make lists, use Markdown to get things just right.
Process your drafts quickly using unique features like Link Mode, Arrange Mode, and Focus Mode.
## WHY YOU’LL LOVE DRAFTS ##
IT WILL CHANGE HOW YOU USE YOUR DEVICES:
Drafts gives you a new approach to using your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch, letting you write first and think about what to do with it later. Try it in your dock for a week, you'll find you can't live without it.
GETTING WORDS DOWN HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER:
Drafts opens lightning fast and with support for capture via Siri, the widget, share extension, file import, and dictation - Drafts is like post-its updated for the smartphone era.
Actions make Drafts a Swiss Army knife for text. Integrate with a bewildering array of apps and services.
## JOIN THE COMMUNITY ##
Check out our Action Directory (actions.getdrafts.com) for ready-to-use actions for third party apps and services. Join the Drafts Community (forums.getdrafts.com) to get help, find integration guides and a regular flow of tips & tricks.
## DRAFTS PRO ##
Get more out of Drafts with a Drafts Pro subscription:
• Create and Edit Actions
• Themes and Icons - suit the experience to your tastes with Dark theme, custom app icon, and more
• Workspaces - Apply preferred tag, query, and sort settings for your drafts list with Workspaces
• Extra widgets and better share extension options
• Enhanced URL Automation
We are always working hard to expand the capabilities of Drafts and up-to-date with the latest technologies. Your support helps keep the app growing – thank you to Drafts Pro subscribers!
Contact us on Twitter at @draftsapp or email email@example.com.
UPGRADING FROM DRAFTS 4?
Drafts 5 installs as a new app and will not affect your existing Drafts 4 installation. Check out getdrafts.com/upgrade for details on new features and migrating.
## SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS ##
• Monthly and annual subscriptions are available
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is disabled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• Automatic renewals will be charged at the same price you were originally charged for the subscription
• Subscriptions can be managed by going to Account Settings on the App Store after purchase
#### Workspace improvements
Workspaces learned a few new tricks in this release:
- Workspaces can now optionally load action groups in the action list and extended keyboard when applied. This is useful when a workspace is configured for working draft of a particular syntax, or project, and you want the related actions handy.
- Workspaces can now optionally switch the selected list tab (inbox, flagged, etc.) when applied. Saves some taps if a workspace is used to browse the archive primarily or similar.
#### Other updates and changes
- **New:** Return of the "All" tab in the draft list. This tab shows both inbox and archived drafts at the same time - which is sometimes handy when searching.
- **New:** Convenience URL scheme `drafts5://create_shortcut_action?name=ShortcutName` allow easy creation of Drafts actions which trigger Shortcuts. For more information and sample "Add to Drafts" shortcut, visit our community forums.
- **New:** `FileManager` script object methods to support listing directory contents, moving and copying files:
- `createDirectory(folder, path)`
- `moveItem(fromPath, toPath, overwrite)`
- `copyItem(fromPath, toPath, overwrite)`
- See [reference](http://reference.getdrafts.com/objects/FileManager.html) for details
- **New:** Prompts now support a default button which appears fixed at bottom with cancel button.
- In prompt action step, if only one button is used, it will be made the default button.
- In scripted prompts, the `addButton` method can now take an additional `isDefault` boolean parameter. So, `p.addButton("Name", "value", true)` would make that button the default button fixed at the bottom of the prompt. Only one button can be the default. If a scripted prompt only adds one button, it will be assumed to be the default button.
- The default button will be the one to respond to CMD-Return external keyboard shortcut.
- **New:** Template markdown blocks (%% %%) can now take a format type specifier to override default Markdown options. Useful when a specific action needs to render using a different Markdown engine.
- `%%text%%` will render text with default Markdown options as always
- `%%githubmarkdown|text%%` will force use of GitHub Markdown.
- `%%multimarkdown|text%%` will force use of MultiMarkdown
- **New:** `Base64.encode(string)` and `Base64.decode(string)` methods for handling Base64 in scripts.
- **New:** Add coloring for Critic Markup highlights in MultiMarkdown syntax.
#### Other Fixes
- **Change:** General pass of minor UI improvements
- **Fix:** Address issue where actions which altered text in the editor being called repeatedly and quickly - typically via repeating keyboard shortcut or quickly tapping extended keyboard row button - could cause the draft to revert to a previous version when sync changes were processed in the background.
- **Fix:** Workaround VoiceOver issue preventing access to row actions (edit, duplicate, etc.) in the action list.
- **Fix:** Inline code blocks in Markdown should be exclusive ranges to avoid accidental confusion with other markup.
- **Fix:** Be sure draft state is saved before showing (i) detail screen.
- **Change:** Update some of the actions configured on initial installation to include (if installed) actions for Agenda, Good Task and a few other apps (these examples are also in the Action Directory for existing users).
- **New:** Add news link in resources reached in Settings.
- **Change:** Refactoring in URL schemes and routing to better share code with Mac and avoid duplication.
- **Fix:** File type registration issue for action group export files which made it difficult to re-import them backups of action groups from the Files app.
- **Change:** Sort trash by modified, not accessed.
- **Fix:** Add OneDrive action step summary in action editor.
For complete details and change history, please visit https://getdrafts.com/changelog.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the app, not the subscriptions.
I’ve been using drafts since version 4 came out. It changed the way I work, and I love using it to enter and manipulate text. I’ve been playing around with Drafts 5 and the app is amazing. There’s so much power in the free app, and the pro subscriptions adds some great options for power users. Thing is, I’m not a power user, but I’m more than willing to pay for the features I use. My biggest issue is that I dislike and avoid app subscriptions. I like that when I pay for an app, even if the company disappears tomorrow, I can continue to use the app for years to come. I’m also not thrilled that dark mode is behind the subscription wall, I’d pay a few dollars to have a dark mode, I find it much easier on my eyes, but can’t justify the subscription just for dark mode, since it’s the only tool I would use from the subscription. Fortunately, I can continue using drafts 4 with its dark mode. Sure, I’ll miss out on all the new features in the free app, but that’s how much I dislike day mode. Just writing this review is burning my eyes. But my issues say nothing about the app itself which is wonderful. Definitely give the free mode a spin, and if you like scripting and having full control and aren’t opposed to renting apps, the sub is a great value. But for me it’s less than ideal as it’s currently set up. Hopefully down the line, the developer will consider making dark mode an optional in app purchase for those that don’t or can’t subscribe.
Next Level GTD
Ok first of all I never write reviews, but using this app on a trial run today absolutely blew my mind and I’m not even touching a fraction of the full capability! To be honest when I first downloaded it I was thinking there’s no way I’m going to pay for a subscription. I mean what the heck can this thing do that my other note taking apps can’t do. Let me say this immediately changed after messing around with this for a bit. The Watch OS takes this app and getting things out of your head to a whole different level. I mean record anything out of your head and then share it with Omnifocus, Awesome Note or whatever else you may want to do with it! Also one tap and it starts the dictation so from thought to app is seem less. I went from thinking this app was absolutely useless and literally about to delete, but now I can say it will be an app to stay! When my trial subscription ends I will gladly pay the $20/year. I will make this over 100 fold with the time I save and the ideas I’m able to preserve and act on! Thank you!!
I am obviously a blithering idiot...
Judging by all the glowing reviews for this app, I must be a blithering idiot because I can’t figure out how this app works. This app present me with so many choices, and advanced features, I became lost in the first 10 seconds of using this app.
One thing is clear, I’m obviously not the target market for this app. When I downloaded this app, I thought I was getting a simple text editor that I could use to make grocery lists, etc. And sync the list between my Apple Watch and my iPhone. This app is so much more powerful than what I need, or want, I’m going to be deleting it after I leave this review.
While I’m guessing there is a market for an app as powerful as this, judging by all the glowing reviews of it, this app is obviously not for me. I am obviously at fault here for failing to fully read the app description. I feel my review of the app is a fair one, because I did not like the app based on how it met my individual needs. I’m sure there will be die-hard users of this app who will proceed to bash my review as ignorant and stupid. That, of course, is their choice.
- Agile Tortoise
- 56 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2019 by Agile Tortoise, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Pro Subscription $19.99
- Monthly Pro Subscription $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.