Take the best of Ravelry everywhere you go with Alpaca!
• View Ravelry patterns, projects, yarn, shops, and friends
• View pattern pdfs in the app, or open in your favorite viewer
• Create new projects and update your progress with photos
• Search for patterns, projects, yarn, and local yarn shops
• Keep your stash up to date; add and remove yarn, and update project allocations
• See what your friends have been working on with the home feed
Have a suggestion for how we can improve Alpaca? Send us your your feedback in the app or send a Ravelry message to @alpacatheapp
Please note a free Ravelry account is required to use this app.
• Added new search and sort options to your notebook
• Drag and drop to reorder your queue
• Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Disappointed with “Search”
Okay, so I’ve been using Ravit instead of Ravelry’s mobile site, and it’s really come a long way in the last few months, but it’s still kind of disappointing. So, I was thrilled when I discovered Alpaca, because it seemed like it might have everything that Ravit lacked. The one thing that’s really irritating is that the “saved search parameters” don’t actually stay saved. They’re reset every time I reopen the app. I don’t want to have to re-enter my search parameters every time I want to look for something in the app. Hopefully this will be addressed in the next update, because I really like Alpaca, and I think it’s got a ton of potential.
I also love that you can see and leave comments on other user’s projects from the app, but I wish that I could “favorite” projects from the app as well. You guys would have Ravit best hands down if those features were available.
Great way to Browse Ravelry on Mobile
I love how this app makes Ravelry more easy to use on my phone. It’s clean, fresh, and fast. It’s easy to use and has most of the functionality of the full site. I’m quite impressed!
I actually downloaded the app primarily to work on my projects. I often take wip photos on my phone and uploading them to Ravelry was a time consuming process. This app is really helpful for editing and uploading pictures to existing projects. I’d really like the ability to add new projects directly from the app and to filter my projects within the notebook section (my oldest finished ones are showing first), but I can workaround that with my laptop.
Overall, I’m quite happy with this app. Thank you for making it available!
Brilliant Ravelry On the Go
This is THE BEST Ravelry app. There are a lot of wonderful things about Ravelry, but their mobile site is not one of them. I was thrilled when Alpaca was released. It is super intuitive, very user friendly, and has a great interface, all things Ravelry severely lacks. I open and use Alpaca at least 5-10 times a day. It has changed my mobile Ravelry game considerably and I now only log on to the actual Ravelry website maybe twice a month. This is a must download for knitters.
- Atmosphere Interactive LLC
- 30.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2017-2018 Atmosphere Interactive
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.