THE MUCH-LOVED LAYTON SERIES IS BACK WITH A 10TH ANNIVERSARY INSTALLMENT!
Developed by LEVEL-5, LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNEY™: Katrielle and the Millionaires’ Conspiracy is the latest game in the best-selling Layton Series and first official sequel debuting on mobile.
Join Katrielle Layton in the heart of London, as she becomes embroiled in a casual, comical, quizzical quest, which has its roots in our new hero’s search for her missing father, Professor Hershel Layton. You’ll be whisked around London’s famous landmarks, from the Houses of Parliament to Tower Bridge, following Kat on her trusty bicycle, solving case after unlikely case, until she unwittingly uncovers the Millionaires’ Conspiracy.
Help Kat and company discover clues, unravel mysteries, deduce the truth, and solve original puzzles! Redecorate the agency and redress Kat in various outfits to suit the case at hand (or your mood). With twelve intriguing cases, seven multi-millionaires, and one whopper of a conspiracy, will Kat ever be able to find the missing professor?
Full of ingenious challenges, charming characters and clever plot twists, the latest Layton instalment will prove to you beyond a shadow of doubt that the truth IS stranger than fiction!
· Modern, female protagonist
· The largest collection of puzzles in any Layton Series title
· Bonus! Daily puzzles delivered directly to your mobile device
· New cast of characters (and some favourites from the past)
· High-quality, visually rich gaming experience
· Customizable costumes and room décor
· Additional minigames
· Offline play after initial download
*This game can be played in English, French and Spanish. Other languages cannot be selected in your region.
**Bonus daily puzzles will require Internet connection for accessibility & download.
- Added a new outfit
- Corrected a few minor issues
* The option to redeem campaign promo codes via ‘Promo prizes’ has been removed from the ‘Bonuses’ menu section due to the Real World Puzzle Solving campaign ending.
Ratings and Reviews
Disappointing for old fans
I’ve always loved Layton games. I used to always play them back when they were on DS so I was extremely excited when this game came out on the App Store. However, after playing the game for some time I have to say I’m disappointed. The game tries to imitate mystery similar to the original games but in short story’s. The majority of the game is dialogue with no big mystery to solve. Because of the nature of the short stories, there’s not enough time to go in depth and really invest in the storyline. In addition, the story seems to solve itself regardless of my deductions. I miss having to deduce answers and solve puzzles that lead me to the solutions. Puzzles in this game have taken a back seat and seem more random than in the originals. Overall, I’m excited that Layton Mystery games have expanded to the apple platform but feel they could do better by going back to their roots.
I've been waiting for a new Professor Layton game since the last one came out. I was taken aback when I learned about this game since the lovely Hershel Layton isn't in the game, but I fell in love with Kat. I have barely started the game since it happened to come out the day before Splatoon 2, but what I've played has been very enjoyable. I like how they kept certain mechanics like the hint coins and the investigating style. The new puzzles are very enjoyable. The only thing that I think the game could improve on is adding a feature where you can rewatch cutscenes. Besides that one little thing, this game is flawless. Also, since it's made by Level-5, the game has little to no glitches and bugs. The only thing I've got left to ask is WHEN ARE WE GETTING FANTASY LIFE 2?!
Fun but flawed
Puzzles are mostly fun when you get to them though a couple are kind of strange (“What colour do you see every day?” and “which of these two roads will not be busy if everyone takes this road?”). In general, the value isn’t really here for the money you pay, not least because you have to pay extra for the bonus materials. First, there is way too much time between puzzles and way too much dialogue. The description says it features a “modern” protagonist but she spends the first case ignoring it completely to get some food and go shopping. All in all, it feels like a Nickelodeon version of Layton and a pale comparison to The Curious Village
- Level-5 Inc.
- 1.1 GB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©LEVEL-5 Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Kat's Cosplay & Puzzles Set $7.99
- Kat's Clobber & Puzzles Set $14.99
- Dating Dress & Puzzle $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.