Get your Tokaido Sanyo Shinkansen tickets quick and easy using this App!
You can use this app even before coming to Japan to buy tickets and reserve seats for Tokaido Sanyo Shinkansen on Japan's Golden Route connecting Tokyo, Nagoya, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima and more.
- You can make a reservation straight after membership registration (no registration/annual fee).
- You can buy tickets or reserve seats from one month before departure date. You can reserve Shinkansen seats from the comfort of your own home or office. No need to queue up at the ticket office at stations!
- You can buy tickets and reserve seats for up to 6 persons at one time.
- Tickets can be purchased at lower prices, such as round-trip discount fare, etc.
- If done before picking up the tickets, you can make changes as many times as you need.
- Tickets for the most frequent trains, such as “Nozomi”, can be purchased.
- If 1 person is using the service, he/she can travel ticketless when registering a Japanese prepaid IC card for public transportation (*) before departure.
(*) Kitaca, PASMO, Suica, manaca, TOICA, PiTaPa, ICOCA, Hayakaken, nimoca, SUGOCA
- Membership registration
- Purchase ticket/Reserve seats (time designation, train name designation, easy free seat reservation)）
- Confirm reservation
- Change and refund reservation
- Purchase history, Receipt display service
- Check, change customer information
- Service status information (Link)
- Membership registration is required to use this app. For registration, personal information is required, such as member name, date of birth, and a valid credit card (*), etc.
(*) Visa, MasterCard, JCB, American Express, Diners Club
- Ticket purchase (reservation) payment will be taken from the credit card registered on the account.
- There are various restrictions such as those on hours for reservation/changes (5:30am - 11:30pm Japan Standard Time).
- To pick up tickets and get on the train, you will be required to have the credit card used in the app to pay for the tickets. Tickets can be picked up from ticket vending machines, etc., at major ticket offices for the Tokaido Sanyo Shinkansen, such as Tokyo Station, Kyoto Station, Shin-Osaka Station, Hiroshima Station, etc.
- If using Japan Rail Pass for Tokaido Sanyo Shinkansen reserved seat, please go to the station ticket office, etc. to get a reserved seat ticket. Please do not use this app.
- This service is displayed entirely in English.
- For more details on this service, please see the website.
Made a minor change
Ratings and Reviews
I was surprised to see the low reviews for this app, as I’ve been using it flawlessly for a while now and it’s incredibly convenient and simple to use! Being able to use your manaca card for ticketless boarding is a definite plus.
Those leaving one-star reviews should remember that forgetting your password isn’t the app’s fault! ;)
Insecure or too secure?
I created an account which forces you to enter a credit card and now I’m trying to get back into the app and it won’t take my password (which it’s only 4-8 alphanumeric characters, so that’s probably why I can’t remember it) - and when I try to click through the “forgot your password” option, it doesn’t find me.
I’m pretty positive I’ve now locked my account and there’s no information or contacts for how to unlock the account?!?!
Horribly designed app: not at all user friendly and zero customer service.
Easy and Convenient
If you can get past the fact that it wants a credit card up front, the rest of the app is perfect. Really easy to select your train, choose your seat, and boom! ...you’re boarding with your IC card.
- Central Japan Railway Company
- 79.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Central Japan Railway Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.