Otter is where your conversations live. You focus on the conversations, let Otter enlivens the content of your conversations and empowers communication and collaboration. Otter.ai is also available on the Web. 600 free minutes of recordings every month! Supports English only.
Otter helps business people, journalists, and students be more collaborative, focused, and efficient in meetings, interviews, lectures, and other important conversations. Otter creates smart voice notes that combine audio, transcription, speaker identification, inline photos, and summary keywords. You can also organize your conversations by sharing them with your team or storing them in your folders.
With Otter, you can:
• Record live conversations, import recordings, or sync from Zoom
• See real-time text that you can scroll back and highlight while you record
• Snap photos (e.g. of a whiteboard, presentation) to be inserted inline
• Play audio at adjustable speeds, and follow along the synchronized words
• Get summary keywords and word clouds for your meeting minutes
• Search and skip to the important parts
• Edit the text to polish the transcript
• Highlight the important content to revisit later
• Tag speakers (and edit speaker change points) to train Otter to identify speakers automatically
• Export the text as TXT, PDF, SRT, or copy to clipboard and other apps
• Export the audio as MP3
• Share conversations into groups, or start recording in the group to automatically share with all group members
• Share conversations via public, view-only links
• Organize conversations into folders
• Connect to iOS/Google calendar to get reminded to record your meetings, and title the conversations automatically
• Import contacts from iOS/Google account to make it easier to share conversations
Otter is optimized for iOS:
• Quick-start recording with Siri Shortcut and home widget
• Record via AirPods
• Sync with iOS Calendar, Contacts and Camera
• Preview conversations with 3D Touch
• Add extra privacy with Face ID / Touch ID lock
• Print via AirPrint
• Adjust font size with Dynamic Type
With the Free Plan, you get:
• 600 minutes of transcription per month
• Unlimited cloud storage to save all your conversations
• Data synced across all your devices
Upgrade to Otter Premium to get even more:
• Enjoy 6,000 minutes of transcription per month
• Bulk export
• More playback speeds and skip silence option
• Choose from $9.99 billed monthly or $79.99 billed yearly
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the monthly/yearly billing price as stated above
• You can manage your subscriptions in Settings and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
What the media are saying about Otter:
• 7 Best Apps of 2018 – Mashable
• 100 Best Apps of 2018 – PCMag
• “Arguably one of the most important breakthroughs” – ZDNet
• “Brings voice transcripts into the AI age.” – CNET
• “Designed to be able to understand and capture long-form conversations” – TechCrunch
We take security and privacy very seriously. Your data is synced over an encrypted connection and stored in a secure cloud environment. The conversations you record and store in your Otter account will never be shared with anyone for advertising purposes. We only access account-level user data for troubleshooting purposes in response to user queries. You have full control to delete your data from your Otter account, which would immediately disable access and purge data from our environment.
• You can now multi-select conversations in a folder to bulk delete them, or remove them from the folder back to My Conversations.
• (Premium Plan) You can also multi-select conversations in a folder to bulk export the audio/text.
Ratings and Reviews
Great BUT Please Get Google Integration!
I’m in yearbook at my highschool and I do interviews all the time and this is the best app for the job, hands down. I still have to make edits to my interviews because the hallways can be noisy and the people I’m interviewing can be quiet and this can lead to the app not picking up words or getting the wrong words, but I can’t really control those things. My only problem with the app is that I cannot just convert it into a Google Doc straight from the app, many school districts are moving to Google for their way of communication (Classroom, Docs, Slides, Gmail) and it would save me time because currently I have to put it in my notes app, then copy it, then create a Doc, then paste it in the doc. My guess is you guys have been thinking about this for a while and I saw that you guys respond to reviews somewhat quickly so I thought I would give a review.
P.S. Also, does a visual representation of the different speakers exist on the app? I would love to be able to visually know when speakers change, I understand how this would be hard because not everyone talks the same all day but maybe you could let us do it manually? Like my font would always be grey and other people talking (in my case it’s 1 person) would be another color. Alright, I hope this gets through to somebody who can at least think about it. Thank you for your time. Great app.
Developer Response ,
Hi Ian, (1) you may export TXT directly to Google Drive app, then click "Open with Google Docs" in Google Drive website. (2) Otter learns to identify speaker voices from the speech bubbles you tag, by tapping on the avatar to the left of a bubble and entering or selecting a name. For best results, tag at least 15 seconds of speech for each speaker, with minimal background noise and not mixed with other people's voices. Wait 10-15 minutes for Otter to generate voiceprints, then select Rematch Speakers under the 3-dot menu to have Otter tag the remaining bubbles for you automatically. Email us at email@example.com if you need further clarifications.
Taken aback by how closely accurately and easily this works
Okay, so I’m one of these people that hardly ever writes a review because either apps work they way they’re supposed to or not, in which case you look for ones that do, but I’ve been using this app for the past 10 minutes and I can attest that the transcription part has been working perfectly (probably 95% accuracy). I only need to go back into it and edit a few words which they it gets wrong, but basically this will end up saving me hours of the transcription process — what makes it even better/easier is that as the words are heard spoken, it highlights the specific words so it makes it that much easier for me to make sure that what was said is what was transcribed and I can fix it on the fly right there if it is not. You gotta try this out for yourself to believe it. In my case, it was just me speaking into the microphone from wherever I was and my voice was pretty clear, plus it imported perfectly from Scrivener into the app, I made corrections and instead of exporting it back into the app, I got as far as right before importing and copied the corrected transcription to paste into the app. If I had to do this for a living I’d be getting the premium service. Anyway, this truly works.
Developer Response ,
We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Otter. Please share Otter with people you know, and post your testimonials on Twitter (@otter_ai) and Facebook (@OtterAI). Also check out Otter for Teams ( https://otter.ai/teams ) for your company or organization.
Thank you for creating this app. It is what the deaf and hearing-impaired community needs. I wear hearing aids and today, I went to Bible study and discovered that I had left my hearing aids at home. My pastor is soft-spoken so I began to search for real-time transcription apps and came across your app. I wasn’t expecting much from it as previous apps I had tried in the past had been terrible. About 5 minutes into using your app, I became convinced that this app is revolutionary: I was blown away by the speed and accuracy of the transcriptions. I used it throughout the two-hour Bible study and the transcription kept up in speed and accuracy. I am very impressed. Please, market this app to the deaf and hearing-impaired community because it is needed. A potential market for you is to find a way for cellphone calls to be transcribed real-time for deaf and hearing-impaired people. There is company that offers this service but their transcriptions are very, very bad. Thanks and I am happy to join your customer base.
Developer Response ,
Thanks AfiaAkler! We are touched by your testimonial and very glad to hear that you're enjoying Otter. Please share Otter with people you know, and post your testimonials on Twitter (@otter_ai) and Facebook (@OtterAI).
- AISense Inc.
- 69.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © AISense Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Otter Premium (monthly) $9.99
- Otter Premium (Yearly) $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.