Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy to use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With a wide range of professional-grade, nondestructive image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro lets you bring out the best in your photos, create gorgeous compositions and designs, draw, paint, apply stunning effects, design beautiful text, and edit images in just about any way you can imagine. And thanks to its intuitive and accessible design, Pixelmator Pro is delightfully easy to use — whether you’re just starting out with image editing or you’re a seasoned pro.
• The modern, single-window interface is designed exclusively for working with images on a Mac
• An intuitive and accessible design makes it easy for anyone to edit images — from complete beginners to design professionals
• Enhance your existing images and create new ones using every image editing tool you could ever need
• Edit nondestructively, adjusting individual changes whenever you like
• Easily move, resize, and arrange objects to create stunning compositions
• Adjust the colors in images with a collection of nondestructive color adjustments
• Use the machine learning-powered Auto Color Adjustments to automatically improve image colors
• Enjoy superior support for RAW files, editing RAW images right inside Pixelmator Pro without having to preprocess them
• Create digital or traditional paintings using a collection of handcrafted, fully-customizable, dual-texture brushes with full support for digital graphics tablets
• Combine the built-in effects in Pixelmator Pro to create any artistic or special effects you can imagine
• Nondestructively customize the look of layers in your image using layer styles
• Save the adjustment, effect, and layer style combinations your create, use them in any of your images, and share them with others
• Magically remove small imperfections or entire objects, seamlessly clone parts of your photos, and lighten or darken precise areas using a full set of retouching tools
• Use the reshaping tools to easily change the shape of any object or area in your images, create striking artistic effects or make subtle changes to portrait photos
• Pick out and edit precise parts of your images or copy objects from one image to another using a range of pixel-accurate selection tools
• Add high-quality, customizable vector graphics designed by the Pixelmator Team
• Create your own vector graphics using the Pen and Freeform Pen tools
• Easily design great-looking text with a full set of typography tools
• Optimize and save your images for the web, using advanced compression to shrink images sizes to the smallest possible
Image Editing Enhanced by Machine Learning
• Automatically give descriptive names to the layers you add
• Intelligently straighten images using horizon detection
• Magically remove objects, recreating image areas with stunning realism
• Quickly make accurate selections with ease
• Open and edit images in all the most popular image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, HEIF, SVG, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA, and JPEG-2000
• Open and edit Photoshop images with layers
• Open and edit SVG vector images
• Launch Pixelmator Pro directly from the Photos app and save edits back to the original image in your library
• Share your images to the Photos app, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and other locations right from Pixelmator Pro
Built Exclusively for Mac
Designed exclusively for macOS, Pixelmator Pro supports almost every major macOS feature and integrates seamlessly with macOS High Sierra. Simply put, it's the ultimate Mac app. With a design that is totally and completely Mac, Pixelmator Pro feels instantly familiar from the moment you first launch the app.
Minimum System Requirements
Pixelmator Pro requires a Mac compatible with Metal 2 running macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
Pixelmator Pro 1.1.4 brings a bunch of gorgeous (and useful!) new effects, an ML-powered Auto Selective Color adjustment, a wide range of smaller new features and improvements, as well as a number of bug fixes and stability improvements. This little update is pretty big!
• Use the beautiful Light Leak effect to easily add a sunny, old school feel to any photo.
• Apply the stylish Bokeh effect to emulate the look of artistic camera blurs.
• The new Spin blur effect gives you a quick way to create a circular motion effect.
• Create digital noise in your images using the new Noise effect.
• More new effects — Threshold, Mask to Alpha, Clouds and a number of different Tile and Distort effects from the original Pixelmator.
• The Selective Color adjustment can now be applied automatically to improve image colors using machine learning.
• Change the histogram type when using the Colors Adjustments tool by Control-clicking the histogram and choosing a new type.
• The Auto White Balance and Auto Lightness adjustments have been improved — they preserve skin tones better and are also 30% faster.
• Added a keyboard shortcut (the O key) for the Show Original button in the Color Adjustments, Effects, and Styles tools.
• The Color Adjustments submenu now has Copy, Paste, Reset, and Flatten Adjustments options.
• The Effects submenu now has Copy, Paste, Reset, and Flatten Effects options.
• You can now add, copy, paste, reset, and flatten layer styles from the Format menu.
• With a number of new effects, we’ve tidied up the Effects submenu by splitting it up into categories.
• When rotating effect ropes, you can now hold down the Shift key to snap them to 45 degree intervals.
• Each of the copy, paste, reset, and flatten options are now also available when Control-clicking a layer in the Layers sidebar.
• The Arrange tool now has an Auto Select checkbox, letting you turn automatic layer selection on and off.
• When you Control-click a layer in the Layers sidebar, Convert into Shape and Convert into Pixels will now be available as options.
• When you adjust the Levels or Curves of an image and open the adjustment’s pop-up menu, you’ll see which channel — RGB, R, G, B, or Luminance — has been edited.
• When you adjust the Color Balance of an image and open the adjustment’s pop-up menu, you’ll see which portion — the Shadows, Midtones, or Highlights — has been edited.
• You can now drag images from the Image and Pattern fill effects into the Layers sidebar or a Finder window.
• The Touch Bar will now display whether your selected layer is locked or hidden, just like the Tool Options pane does.
• Imported images with no edits will now be closed without asking for confirmation.
• Pixelmator Pro will now automatically detect when new fonts have been installed while the app is open and add them to the font list.
• The properties of smart shapes (speech bubbles, arrows) will now be scaled correctly when resizing.
• The Grain adjustment would sometimes spill over outside of a layer after resizing an image. Fixed.
• The interface would sometimes flicker when resetting effects. Fixed.
• The effect rope would not work correctly in restored versions of documents.
• When the Import JPEG, PNG, and TIFF images option was off, PXM files would not be imported correctly. Fixed.
• When activating the Color Picker using the Option key, it would sometimes get stuck. Fixed.
• Layer groups in Photoshop documents will now be imported with Constrain Proportions turned on.
• A few different fixes improve the stability of Pixelmator Pro when opening certain PXD documents.
• Using the Color Selection and Color Fill tools in very small documents would make Pixelmator Pro quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• Opening Photoshop documents with certain layer styles would make Pixelmator Pro quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
Think you've found a bug? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll fix it ASAP!
Ratings and Reviews
One thing missing….
The last version of Photoshop I used was CS4. Quit it when Adobe went to their subscription model. I’ve made do with Apple Photos. Tried Affinity Photo and it was ok. Had decided that I would probably settle on Luminar for what I need to do which, as you’ll see, is somewhat specialized. I was a CorelDraw user before I came over from the Dark Side and got an iMac I used it for graphic design and image handling. Doing layouts with images and text was a snap. I’ve never been able to find anything in the Apple app world to replace it until now. I’m an artist and I need something that will handle not only photographic image adjustments, but also images of paintings and drawings, which can be quite difficult to photograph and adjust accurately. I also need to be able to combine photos, art and text into single pieces for promotional and other work and finally, with Pixelmator Pro, I once again have found something that will do everything CorelDraw did and much more. I read through every feature section on the website, sat down, ran through every icon in the side bar, playing with different settings, brushes, etc. Piece of cake. Very intuitive for me. Looking forward to using is as a “painting media” also. The previous version of Pixelmator had just enough function to drive me crazy trying to get it to do what I want. No more. The Pro version rocks.
Just one request…please make it an extension of Photos asap.
So far so good
I’m new to Pixelmator and bought Pixelmator Pro hoping to use it to replace Photoshop as my main graphics creation and photo editing tool. So far I like what I see. I can’t un-install P’Shop just yet but it’s getting close.
I love, love , love the interface and how it adjusts dynamically to what you are doing and the tool you are using. I’m still learning the key commands, but once I do this will be a very fluid creative enironment.
The only negatives at this point are the minimal documentation and limited number of import/export formats supported. … also, what is Vectormator and why are their no details about it if it is listed as a “feature” on your your website?
As to the angry one and two star reviews; remember, the App Store is not tech support. Many of the issues reported here are specific to some users systems and not universal. If a user isn't smart enough to follow the support link on this page then their opinion should be ignored …IMO. I’ve been using it for four days, haven’t had a crash and have had no battery issues. I am sure there are quite a few bugs in this and some unexpected behaviors (text line spacing adjustment is wierd for example) but as long as the Pixelmator team keeps fixing bugs and adding features I’ll be a happy camper.
So far, not thrilled
I’m continuing to give pixelmator pro a go. I upgraded from the regular pixelmator hoping that it would have an easier time dealing with large images. It does, but barely. Pixelmator pro seems to be slower than the regular version of pixelmator — so that is a dissapointment. On the upside: the standard version of pixelmator would occasionally delete image data from my layers on large images, and pixelmator pro does not seem to have that problem. I’m using it on a fully loaded Macbook Pro w/ TouchBar. My main gripe with the app right now is the autosave feature. It seems to automatically save your file on an intermittent basis, and there is no way of turning this off as far as I can tell. This is very frustrating because: I only want to save my file when I am ready to (since saving very large files takes a long time). This means I have to cancel out of the save dialog constantly, which makes this application incredibly irritating to work with.
Please include an option to disable automatic saving of files. It is incredibly annoying to have to cancel out of saving every three minutes because you are working with large 2gb files and don’t want to have to wait through saving every three minutes. I was tempted to leave a one-star review because of this bug-disguised as a feature, but I thought better of it.
Hi there, could you email us about this at email@example.com? There is a way to turn off autosave, although we'd also love to take a look at why you're seeing this in the first place, as even with autosave on, everything should happen smoothly in the background.
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 164.4 MB
- Graphics & Design
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2018 Pixelmator Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.