*Only Compatable on iPhone 7 and above*
Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret it takes their new found alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons.
- Choice and consequence driven narrative adventure
- Multiple endings depending on the choices you make
- ‘Backtalk’ - A risk/reward conversation mode that allows Chloe to use her barbed tongue to provoke or get her way
- Make your mark on the world with witty tags and drawings
- Choose Chloe’s outfit and see how people react to your look
- Distinct Licensed indie soundtrack & original score by Daughter
Ratings and Reviews
Needs a new control scheme, otherwise great.
Story from what I’ve played is excellent, and while it’s a shame Ashly Burch couldn’t reprise the role of Chloe for the bulk of the game, the new actress does excellently and it can be handwaved slightly by her being younger. The graphics are a little wonky compared to Life is Strange 1, but they’re still fine. The controls, though...
I went into it prepared for it to be unwieldy, but whoof. Just moving around an area can be kind of taxing. The restrictiveness of the settings really can’t be overstated. The interact prompts are also tiny, which frequently leads to missing and having Chloe move across the map. Trying to move backwards works infrequently and often has her scooting closer. If you could at least change the camera turn speed, it would be a LITTLE better, but the only camera options are to invert the X or Y axis. What’s particularly confusing is that the game seems to partially respond to an MFI controller (I can skip past the introductory screens before the main menu with one), but has no controls mapped for it. Either allowing a game pad, or using the control scheme from LiS 1 would be sufficient, but the controls are bad enough to knock a full 2 points off of the review score, for sure.
Sooo much bugging and Episode 3 will NOT instal
In Episode one the bugging wasn't too bad, Davids Mouth wouldn't open but his jaw moved it was really funny but it did take away from how i felt away from the game. In 2 The bugging go SO WORSE! Characters would freeze, get stuck in position and even completely disappear from the screen. I still played it and enjoyed it but it just make impactful scenes annoying to watch. Also whenever i pause to respond to a text or check something off app the game will totally restart and i have to redo everything in that scene. The sensitivity and movement is really choppy and hard to work with. and Finally episode 3 will not install I've tried restarting the app, uninstalling the download and reinstalling and it just gets stuck at 7%. The game is just not as smooth and clean as LiS. Devs please respond i need to know what happens.
I was very excited when I downloaded this because it’s listed as a free game! Unfortunately, you only get to play about 5 minutes of the game before you have to purchase the rest of the episode. I understand you have to make money off such a huge title game, but just make me buy the game from the get-go. I probably would’ve paid for it had it just been listed as a game you have to buy. But that I feel I’ve been lied to, I have no interest in playing the game. I played through the first console version but now I apparently will not be playing through this version. Graphics are great for a mobile game, and the story seems interesting. Also it’s EXTREMELY hard to walk around and the marker keeps ending up somewhere on the opposite side of the screen. At the very least, fix that for the people who want to pay for this
In-App PurchasesSee All
- SQUARE ENIX Ltd
- 2.3 GB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Life is Strange © 2015-2018 SQUARE ENIX LIMITED. All rights reserved. Developed by Deck Nine. Published by SQUARE ENIX LIMITED.
- In-App Purchases
- Season Pass [Episode 1-3] $11.99
- Episode 1 $3.99
- Episode 2 $3.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.