Hijacked to a to strange world. Forced to fight for your life. Discover the secrets of the Arbitrators and find your way back home!
Barbearian is a fast-paced hack'n'slash with massive battles in a colorful, hand-drawn world.
- 100+ levels full of action and adventure
- Collect loot, purchase upgrades and experiment with numerous weapons
- Rescue prisoners and build your own army
- Encounter colossal boss monsters and take them down
- Plenty of challenge, not for the easily discouraged!
- Fully configurable controls with MFi controller support
- Cloud save support
- "If you're a fan of real-time combat games Barbearian is easy to recommend" "5.0/5.0" -- Pocket Tactics
- "When people ask where the good premium games are, Barbearian is one I will point to, with gusto." "5.0/5.0" -- Touch Arcade
- Metacritic: 89, 5th best iOS game of 2018 (as of October 21. 2018)
No IAP, ads or hidden costs.
- Minor updates and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
One of the best games I’ve played
I decided to get Barbearian a few days ago. It’s an awesome game to play and it addicts you. I also love the fact that you get to build your own army. Yes, it’s hard. But so far I’ve been able to beat everything, mostly I just have to go back to old levels and get more soldiers or earn enough money to buy more stuff. Every level has new enemies that you have to choose a new strategy for. You also get tons of abilities and weapons. So far I’ve played about five hours in, and I can contradict some people’s reviews. The guy who said the thumb holds are tiny must have massive thumbs because the hand holds are made more for an adult man than a little girl. Someone said that it costs too much when you die, yes it’s annoying but he only takes 1/3 of your money, which is easy to recover from. To recover health it does cost money, but it’s cheap. Overall I rate Barbearian 5 stars. It was worth $9.
First of all the name was such a good idea like Barbearian! Wow the trailer for this game blew my mind up the hardcore playing, the juking, the upgrades and the the thought of that you shouldn’t give up no matter how triggered you can get wanted me to get the game so bad. So right as the game came out I downloaded it and started playing it I was stunned on how good the animations of all the minions, the water, the landscape, and how good the gameplay was and how hard it is. Here I would think this game as like dark souls very hard to play but very rewarding when you beat the boss or enemies. By the time of this review I am already 41% done with the game cause of how addicting and fun to play this game is(no change in gameplay). I highly recommend this game even though it’s price may be a little hefty. 🙄😬😪 😀😀😀😀 EDIT (Also great game on the last boss I tried to kill him lol gimbill or gimmbill I don’t know but great game got 100 % finally)
Top 3 iOS games I’ve ever played
Gaming press take note- Barbearian is among the finest iOS games ever released. It takes the simple hack and slash premise to new heights with engaging levels, a well thought through progression system and epic boss battles. One of the best parts of the gameplay is that as you progress, you build up your own army of 70 something soldiers that fight alongside you. Managing, replenishing and upgrading your army is immensely satisfying. I played this game for something like 12 hours straight until I finally 100% it. None of the rewards or gives feel cheap- if you put in the time the game rewards you appropriately. This is a game made with heart- I hope this game sells 5 million copies and that we see more from its creator soon. Lastly, the protagonist is not a bear- it’s a dude wearing a bear hat. A lot if the reviews out there have gotten that wrong.
- Kimmo Lahtinen
- 168.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Finnish, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 Kimmo Lahtinen
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.